Question Help! Trimmed 4 layer board along the ground from power connector to eject button and now no power

I'm building a 10

I'm building a 10" handheld which doesn't require that itrim it so small.
i understand that, but you get less benefits with all the extras on the board, like you get a better battery life with custom regs, which was said to not work with the onboard regs - plus no wifi - i don't know, but all i can say is i know nothing about the standard wii - shank is probably someone to ask about this sort of thing.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
eww no stick with the guide theres no need for any of that stuff you're leaving on the board.
i understand that, but you get less benefits with all the extras on the board, like you get a better battery life with custom regs, which was said to not work with the onboard regs - plus no wifi - i don't know, but all i can say is i know nothing about the standard wii - shank is probably someone to ask about this sort of thing.
Oi cunt, shut up. Let the man do his own thing, ground plane trims for large units are totally fine.

Onto answering the question: Have you sanded the edges of the board where you trimmed? You need to sand the trimmed edges to prevent shorting between the board layers, especially near the controller ports. Sanding should be done in steps with different grit sandpaper, I recommend going 180grit>240grit>400grit>600grit. You don't have to sand off much, just take off a fraction of a mm with each step and check the edge visually to make sure there's no copper hanging out. Another possiblity is whether or not you taped over the CPU and GPU before trimming. If you don't, metal dust can get underneath them and short them out. You'll want to do that for sanding too.

Portables
Still working on my first one!
Oi cunt, shut up. Let the man do his own thing, ground plane trims for large units are totally fine.

Onto answering the question: Have you sanded the edges of the board where you trimmed? You need to sand the trimmed edges to prevent shorting between the board layers, especially near the controller ports. Sanding should be done in steps with different grit sandpaper, I recommend going 180grit>240grit>400grit>600grit. You don't have to sand off much, just take off a fraction of a mm with each step and check the edge visually to make sure there's no copper hanging out. Another possiblity is whether or not you taped over the CPU and GPU before trimming. If you don't, metal dust can get underneath them and short them out. You'll want to do that for sanding too.
Thank you for that... And I completely agree with the beginning of your comment..ha ha. I'm just new here so I'm trying to be nice. I'll definetly sand those edges and see how that works for me. Thanks

whatever. you don't have to take my comments to heart.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
whatever. you don't have to take my comments to heart.
You told someone not to do something because it's "eww". That's not cool, you aren't being funny my dude.