Worklog Wiimote emulation through GC controller

I have no words to describe the thrill of seeing this really working ... will help greatly enhance the library of our wiip games

YveltalGriffin

First Wii U Trimmer
Portables
Thanks for doing this work, Aurelio. It's really fantastic.

Purely out of curiosity, I wonder if Metroid: Other M could be played using this homebrew and a special input scheme. Could holding the left trigger switch the emulated Wiimote to the vertical/pointing orientation? Then releasing the trigger would return you to the normal horizontal layout?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Thanks for doing this work, Aurelio. It's really fantastic.

Purely out of curiosity, I wonder if Metroid: Other M could be played using this homebrew and a special input scheme. Could holding the left trigger switch the emulated Wiimote to the vertical/pointing orientation? Then releasing the trigger would return you to the normal horizontal layout?
I could do that too, sure

Portables
sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) +e^(i*pi)
Amazing work like always 8D

Has classic controller emu been worked on at all?

Thats amazing how did you even learn about these protocols and kernel modification? As much as iam aware there is 0% documentation(if you dont want to contact Nintendo directly)

mknrls

Thats amazing how did you even learn about these protocols and kernel modification? As much as iam aware there is 0% documentation(if you dont want to contact Nintendo directly)
there some documentation and leak files, plus smart problem solving by @Aurelio

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
There's some info out there, but it's possible to get more info by disassembling IOSes

Hey Aurelio, huge fan of your work. I was just wondering, is the new hack(classic controller emulation, etc) available for the current GC+ (the one the bitbuilt store)? Or is it coming only on the GC+ 2.0?

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Hey Aurelio, huge fan of your work. I was just wondering, is the new hack(classic controller emulation, etc) available for the current GC+ (the one the bitbuilt store)? Or is it coming only on the GC+ 2.0?
The hack works with any GameCube controller, I've used the beta with a normal GCC. GC+ 2.0 may bring additional functionality to the table if Aurelio or others take the time to develop it, but any controller will work.

MiL0

I can't wait to try this... Has anything been released yet?

Nold

real emulation, no hardware
Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π

MiL0

well, this is a bit chicken and egg isn't it! On one hand, I feel a bit odd blindly supporting someone on Patreon without any idea of where things are at, but on the other hand, I really appreciate the work that's being put into something that will really improve how useful my Wii is. That being said, before I sign up, can you at least give us a clue as to the current status?