Question Is it possible to slim a wiiu mainboard?

Hi guys and gals, is there any potential way to slim down a wiiu mainboard? I have quite a good project in mind but I don't trust myself to slim a board (tried with a Wii once, got close but killed it in the end lol)

Id imagine the biggest issue is the lack of proper software such as portablizeMii, but if there is any way to pull this off, I'd be happy to ship it off to someone in Australia to get it done,

Thanks!

Ally.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Hi guys and gals, is there any potential way to slim down a wiiu mainboard? I have quite a good project in mind but I don't trust myself to slim a board (tried with a Wii once, got close but killed it in the end lol)

Id imagine the biggest issue is the lack of proper software such as portablizeMii, but if there is any way to pull this off, I'd be happy to ship it off to someone in Australia to get it done,

Thanks!

Ally.
Sadly as Jeff said, it's not possible. If it was, I'd offer to do it. I can trim and do all relocations for a Wii, though, if you're looking for a local commission.

Sadly as Jeff said, it's not possible. If it was, I'd offer to do it. I can trim and do all relocations for a Wii, though, if you're looking for a local commission.
I am not looking to build a portable wii

What I want to do is build a wii console, just a lot smaller.

Let's say a quarter of the original size. Is this possible.

--Merge--

No it's not really possible. The essential parts of the board are pretty spread out and not feasible to relocate (many of them are BGAs). Plus power consumption is considerably higher than the Wii.
what about the original wii ? I am planning to build just a very small wii console, not a portable.

Last edited by a moderator:

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
I'd reccomend looking through the guide hub for all of our Wii related information. You can absolutely build smaller Wiis rather than a full portable, it's a fairly common project.

Also, if you have something to add to a previous post of yours, go ahead and just edit it into your previous post rather than make another post, it keeps threads clean and easy to follow.

If you just want to play wii u games on the go your best bet would probably be getting a gpd win 2 and installing cemu on it as it runs it pretty well(still wouldn't be as good as official hardware of coarse)

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
This thread is almost 6 months old, please don't respond to these.