Discussion Creating a list of materials for FIRST PORTABLE

JAKAFI

I am starting to compile all the stuff i have learned and picked up on all the threads i have seen so i can start planning out my first wii portable build. I'm trying to get all the parts picked out that i will need so i don't buy a few at a time and possible not follow through with the project(I do that a lot:)). I would just like to ask for advice on the parts i have chosen and maybe other threads with helpful information
Materials(for now):
-wiivision case
-PAM8403 5v audio amp https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LODGV6...olid=1F36JXYPMV9H9&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
-2 3w speakers
-4 18650 cells
-Gman PMS
-Some kind of 5 inch screen i have no clue if i should use the Aurelio's VGA hack or if that is a long shot for my first portable. 1)https://www.buydisplay.com/default/5-lcd-module-hdmi-vga-video-driver-board-and-800x480-tft-display 2)https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019GQLNJ...colid=FZAP38R5VE0K&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
-Switch analogs/ gc buttons/ gc+
-Wavebird receiver. I saw that Shank added this into his wiivision but i have not found a thread on this. Would it be as simple as dismantling the receiver and connecting to the gc slot data points?
-IR led sensor bar. If this is simple to do i would like to do it just add more functionality to the portable.

So far i would like to use a wiivision case from Shank's and Gman's portable if at all possible or the Giiwii case also created by Gman. I have very little experience with 3d creating programs and it would be a struggle to design a case on my first go because i don't have a 3d printer. I would like to know if a lot of these goals are very unlikely on first portable. I am leaning toward this amp because it is assembled and since it runs on 5 volts i could theoretically wire it up to the Gman PMS 5v regulator.

I do not know where i would be without this amazing community and all the help and threads everybody posts.

That's pretty much up to you if you know you can put one together with the case you have in mind
Most cases work well with the wii since the trim is really good. But yea I'm not sure how you would get an envision case, you'd have to talk to them about it, especially since that thing uses a weird set of joysticks

JAKAFI

That's pretty much up to you if you know you can put one together with the case you have in mind
Most cases work well with the wii since the trim is really good. But yea I'm not sure how you would get an envision case, you'd have to talk to them about it, especially since that thing uses a weird set of joysticks
Thanks. Also do you happen to know of any threads about wiring a sensor bar to the trimmed wii?

Thanks. Also do you happen to know of any threads about wiring a sensor bar to the trimmed wii?
I've never done much to a wii, but my guess is the guide. The section about the audio and video talks about the pins around those ports, I believe it's the two pins that have the word (sensor) included i.e. Power and ground that and I'm pretty sure the port only has two pins.

JAKAFI

I've never done much to a wii, but my guess is the guide. The section about the audio and video talks about the pins around those ports, I believe it's the two pins that have the word (sensor) included i.e. Power and ground that and I'm pretty sure the port only has two pins.
Ok thank you so much.

Zenmo_

Does anyone know what kind of wires he used can someone link all of them to me ?

Hey I recommend for the screen the vga 5 inch from the bitbuilt store, it’s one of the same Type of screen that Shank and G-man uses. Also you will need a madcatz controller, 4 lithium batteries, some speakers, magnet wire, a Wii that had a 4 layer motherboard and some other parts. I myself have been putting a list together so I can’t wait to see your projec.

Last edited:
Portables
In the Making