BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hi everyone! My name is Squared. I used to follow portablizing pretty closely back when portable GameCubes were a thing and I even attempted one myself but never got around to finishing it. Finding the old motherboard from that GameCube in my basement sparked my interest and now I would like to make a portable Wii.

Hey everyone! I am basically a lurker that has started portablizing Wiis and PS2 and im in its very early stages of doing so! I'd say I have intermediate knowledge in electronics and ability to solder so I like trying more advanced things like relocation and soldering to traces.

mknrls

Hey everyone! I am basically a lurker that has started portablizing Wiis and PS2 and im in its very early stages of doing so! I'd say I have intermediate knowledge in electronics and ability to solder so I like trying more advanced things like relocation and soldering to traces.
welcome !! :D

riqbic

Hi everyone! My name is Alec, I'm an electrical engineering student at MIT and some things I like are track and field, parkour, prog rock, and flying planes. My main games are SSBM (bad) and MKDD (rank 46 right now) but I play tons of other games for fun. I'm mostly interested in gamecube stuff, I've built some analog signal processing circuits for gamecube controllers (mostly for SSBM) and tons of different controller mods. Right now I'm working on putting a heating element into a gamecube controller powered through the 5V rumble pack regulator. I've never done much console modding but I'm ready to get started!

Seems like an awesome place! Ready to make a name for myself.

Riqbic

rcb123

Hello everyone. I'm rcb and my only goal is to make a portable Wii as cheap as possible with a minimum of required tools. Mainly here to get help with my electrical issues (ex. didn't realize USB cables can't carry enough current).

D-meh

Yallo joined after seeing/being interested in the different mods and portables I've seen done on YouTube. Followed the crumb trail here and now want to try and build my own PS2 portable. Also since I apparently can't post anywhere else, does anyone know of a good 7" screen with component? I only saw a link to one in the screen subforum and the site it's listed on has been getting really bad reviews now.

I've been following Tonymacx86 for years, and finally got this small netbook with an i3 and 16GB RAM, and now kind of want to hackintosh it!

Hello everyone
I am a engineering student from Hong Kong.
I saw shank video on youtube and decided i should try out portablizing wii and stuff.
I am planning to put this coming summer break to good use which i think wii portablizing will be pretty fun.
Wish me luck guys!

Secaus

Portables
None... yet
Hi!
I'm a Nordic Languages and Litterature student from Denmark. I fell in love with the portable creations on youtube, and it 'send' me here a long time ago. Has been lurking for quiet a while, but I am seriously thinking about starting up some projects, espescially with the Wii, and have some ideas, I haven't seen just yet (primarily because they aren't that suitable for the 'classic' compact portable wii), but I need a lot of different skills to make these ideas a reality. So right now I'm learning, and looking forward to be able to show you some of the ideas in the future.

Hi :) Been lurking for a few months, learning what I can before I actually dive into a Wii portable. Currently working on more basic stuff (installed a mod chip on a 360 Slim, and possibly going to model my own case for it) in order to practice some general modding skills.

Hi, Im Kamen. New to the scene/forums/hobby, but Ive been a collector gor a while now (you should see all my gameboys. You really should >3> im very proud of my babies). I want to jump right in to it and learn the sparrow way. So, hi!

Ayyo I'm oats. I'm super new to electronics in general but I've been reading all the guides on the site for a while now and decided I should finally make an account for discussions/assistance. I'm currently working on making a wii laptop out of a pelican 1150 gun case, and am looking forward to hearing any advice you more experienced dudes have to offer in my endeavors. Thanks.

Hey everyone! Former Youtuber/Twitch streamer lurking and gathering info to build my first portable! Working on gathering supplies and info on G-Wii style portable. Nice to meet y’all!

Portables
Hi!! I'm new to BitBuilt and I'm already in love with its community :D