Worklog MiiNii GiiCii: A theme within a meme.

nobble

Hey BB!

@Postman and I have been hard at work in the Mod Station cooking up new memes for all the goodbois!

This one is a twist on a twist on hotdogs. :rothink:

I found a Raspberry Pi case online that looks like a mini GC, someone then modified it for a SBC to emulate GC. The modified version fit a trimmed 6-layer wii, so I edited the .stl in Fusion 369 a bit more to accommodate for the Wii board. I also made my own GC logo disc to fit on top instead of a blank circle.

GiiCii Final New v4.png

GiiCii Final New 2.png

GiiCii Final New v7 2.png

GiiCii Final New v7.png

I've printed a few test cases, and Postman got a few trimmed Wiis working with his Piizza TIme regulator pcb. So expect a few of these finished units in the end to showcase. I'll also eventually release the files for everyone to print their own!

More progress to come. Mods to be made!

Last edited:
Very excited for this. having a small wii to take around does sound quite nice!

This looks fantastic actually. I've been itching to play GC/Wii games on original hardware, but since shelving the Wii to make room for the Switch I haven't had the heart to pull it out again. Something this small would be great though.

nobble

Here's the first test prints I'm pretty happy with.

20190310_203808.jpg 20190310_203802.jpg
20190310_203826.jpg 20190310_222005.jpg

A few minor adjustments still needed as we found out placing everything inside. But this was repurposed, so it was to be expected.

I learned a lot of different tricks to change the surface layers of prints, so I tried out a few different ways to print the case and 3d logo to make the details show more clearly. The final logo really pops, I ended up using lines for the surface layers instead of a concentric pattern.

One more print should do it!

Attachments

That looks really nice makes me glad I still have my GameCube for the memories

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
This hits me right in the childhood. It looks great!

This hits me right in the childhood. It looks great!
Same GameCube was my OFFICIAL FIRST CONSOLE
I had a(still have) n64 and snes(gone) but GameCube was the one I spent hours on
Melee,Mario party 5, Mario baseball etc.
the more I look at this project the more I want one of my own (and the more I wish my gc still worked) anyone else remember the squeaky intro holding z

nobble

20190312_233319.jpg

Here's a nice shot of the front of the newest case. Seems like everything should work. I may reprint the top a bit more slowly for nicer walls. It was done in 7.5hrs, so maybe I pushed it. The fan is screwed into the top, I'll show internals before closing everything up. We still need to figure out why the rewired BT isn't working on the OM6 cut. Postman is puzzled as well. Once that's all good to go, it should be ready for final assembly.

I'm really glad people are getting that nostalgia from this project. It made me want to come up with some custom designs for the cases, so I've been working on a few different gem logos and started printing a couple different colors to make themed cases as well! Any ideas on some video game themes I should make? I'm trying to limit to about 3 colors total.

View attachment 8236

Here's a nice shot of the front of the newest case. Seems like everything should work. I may reprint the top a bit more slowly for nicer walls. It was done in 7.5hrs, so maybe I pushed it. The fan is screwed into the top, I'll show internals before closing everything up. We still need to figure out why the rewired BT isn't working on the OM6 cut. Postman is puzzled as well. Once that's all good to go, it should be ready for final assembly.

I'm really glad people are getting that nostalgia from this project. It made me want to come up with some custom designs for the cases, so I've been working on a few different gem logos and started printing a couple different colors to make themed cases as well! Any ideas on some video game themes I should make? I'm trying to limit to about 3 colors total.
Smash bros melee theme
Or Mario sunshine theme

nobble

IMG_20190316_171300_608.jpg
So I had some time to trim a few 6-layer boards today.
20190316_185826.jpg
They still need sanding and testing, but I got 7 cut in about an hour and a half.
20190316_145808.jpg
The themes are going well, had a chance to work on that a bit.
20190316_141538.jpg
I already have a Zelda themed case printed, just needs assembly.
brostachesrender.png
Working on the Bros themes and a few more GC titles to add to this custom collection.

:mrgreen:

View attachment 8251
So I had some time to trim a few 6-layer boards today.
View attachment 8252
They still need sanding and testing, but I got 7 cut in about an hour and a half.
View attachment 8254
The themes are going well, had a chance to work on that a bit.
View attachment 8253
I already have a Zelda themed case printed, just needs assembly.
View attachment 8250
Working on the Bros themes and a few more GC titles to add to this custom collection.

:mrgreen:
Love the melee and sunshine theme memories are flowing in
Makes me wanna find my sunshine game and replay it (lost my melee years ago tho just disappeared on me)

nobble

So far 4 boards have been sanded and tested working! I think I've got this type of trim down pretty good now.

Had a couple failed prints with a new filament, gotta tune my settings a bit again. I have half of a smash case finished, and then this unholy offspring of Pikachu/SpongeBob/NoFace that makes me warm inside!
20190319_201012.jpg
The ears screw in where the handle usually goes.