PLight

Portables
sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) +e^(i*pi)
HI, i am going to make a PI zero from the bottom half of a Dslite.
Features:
2.8" screen (Touch)
Teensy (For controlls)
Powerboost 500cc
Raspberry pi Zero W(ireless)
USB Audio, and PMW audio

i want to try to use the Ds cartridge (Female) and make it so it will accept Micro Sd cards, like Wermy did on his site http://www.sudomod.com/

I have Modded the Housing heavily, and i am starting to wire the Teensy to the Ds buttons, Using this pic
dslight pinout.jpg

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
Sounds like a good time. When can we see pics of your case mod?

Portables
Sounds like a good time. When can we see pics of your case mod?
when it is finished drying, and i can actually take pics of it.

I think i might scratch out the ds card part,
The screen isn't supposed to be here until the end of June(Why IDk).

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
I am going to @Pinotte 's TeensyGamepad
for the controls.

Also the power switch on the DSlite motherboard, can it be used as a regular switch? if so, how.
I believe it acts the same way as a momentary tact switch. If you slide it, it is "pressed" and when you let go it is unpressed. So it's not a true on / off switch, but more like the power button on the wii. That said, if you put a little wedge next to it, you could probably force it to stay on or off when you side it. Similar to the power switch on a gameboy color. That's based on my memory of the ds lite switch though, I don't have one in front of me.

Portables
I believe it acts the same way as a momentary tact switch. If you slide it, it is "pressed" and when you let go it is unpressed. So it's not a true on / off switch, but more like the power button on the wii. That said, if you put a little wedge next to it, you could probably force it to stay on or off when you side it. Similar to the power switch on a gameboy color. That's based on my memory of the ds lite switch though, I don't have one in front of me.
So like, per say, i could use it as like a home/Esc button.

Also, i think for the final name it is going to be "PLight"

Portables
Slight-Update
The case Broke:facepalm:
I am returning the Screen, i think i might go for a 3.5 screen.
Also, i am going to use a different case, but i am going to still use the same name

Portables
this is so old..... *Old groaning*

I decided to go with a gba case with gold paint that doesn't go well with any plastic.
everything is pretty much done, I got the all the buttons working, and gba games working. Since I have that working, I'm now going to (most likely) putting in a battery(I have a powerboost on hand and a small enough battery), and audio. For audio I am going to use a usb sound card that I got for like $5 a year ago.

Gba emulation doesn't run full speed with some games like smw, which makes me sad because that's kinda why I was making this.
The screen has been through all types of abuse, and is somewhat ugly in person, the black is a staticy dark green. If I get enough money for an ili screen, and a new housing, I'll probably replace it, but for now it's what I'm using.

Noodles and spaghetti

IMG_4814.JPG

IMG_4816.JPG IMG_4819.JPG IMG_4818.JPG IMG_4783.JPG

Edit~
this is rather simple, but it makes me happy, because it's the only project I have gotten this far on, and since I have most the parts, I'm not restricted by money, and can have a steady-ish workflow until I pull a major fuck up, but half these parts I thought were dead, so hopefully if it happens, I can revive them

Jonny

have you had any issues with latency? I'm working on a pi zero as well, and i decided to try and play some games as soon as i got retropie working, and the amount of delay there is makes the games almost completely unplayable. Also what do you mean it doesn't run full speed smw? have you tried overclocking?

have you had any issues with latency? I'm working on a pi zero as well, and i decided to try and play some games as soon as i got retropie working, and the amount of delay there is makes the games almost completely unplayable. Also what do you mean it doesn't run full speed smw? have you tried overclocking?
What type of display are you using?

Portables
I haven't tested it long enough to see. What screen are you using? I'm using Composite. I haven't tried overclocking yet. Smw runs slow, and then speeds up

Jonny

What screen are you using?
I tried both HDMI and composite, and I still get latency. I haven't tweaked too many settings yet, I was just wondering how many people had the problem. Most of the showcases I've seen have said there's no delay, but Google searching my problem lead to a vast number of others with the same problem. weird thing is that I get the same problem on my pi 3A b+.

Weirdly enough I haven't had any slowdowns in smw

Portables
I tried both HDMI and composite, and I still get latency. I haven't tweaked too many settings yet, I was just wondering how many people had the problem. Most of the showcases I've seen have said there's no delay, but Google searching my problem lead to a vast number of others with the same problem. weird thing is that I get the same problem on my pi 3A b+.

Weirdly enough I haven't had any slowdowns in smw
Is there an easy way to check for latency?

I didn't tweak my settings alot either. Atm I'm using a modified image with Retrogame(the software for gpio buttons), and a few other things, I'm going to make a new one from scratch though eventually, because this one is on 4.0.0 and latest is 4.4 I think

Portables
So I got Usb Audio working : D
Wiring up the usb, didn't work, it needed configuration
I pretty much followed this guide sort of
https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=144
I installed the Solus distro (Linux) on my 750GB hdd from my dead laptop. now I can access the other partition on the sdcard

When you make an sdcard for your raspberry pi, booting on the raspberry pi, it makes two file systems, one called "Boot" the other (in my case) called "Retropie" which the Rpi uses for about everything else. This is all fine and dandy, but Windows 10 (any windows and MacOs) won't and can't recognize this File system, it's really only used for Linux. So making a linux distro, I can now access it, and modify using my computer, instead of getting a keyboard, because my one usb port is being taking by my usb audio, and daisy-chaining doesn't work.

Plus Solus distro is really nice, right now I like it over windows, but alot of my programms are windows so I'm sticking with 10 for now

so now that I can access the other filesystem, I modified Rc.local to print lsusb into a textfile to verify that the usb audio shows up. after that worked, I made a file called alsa-base.conf with some text which pretty much told the rpi to use usb audio over the internal soundcard. (pretty much in the tutorial I linked in the first paragraph)

IMG_4949.JPG
The audio is kind of choppy and eh, but I honestly don't know if it's the emulation or the sound card. because yoshi's island gba intro screen doesn't run that fast, it actually pretty much just walks.