Release Wii native VGA - version 1.5

AlecM7

Well. I'm getting this error whem i load the priiloader vga of the pack:

“IOS36 isn’t ES_Identify patched: error -1017.
Press A to exit back to loader…”
Rerun the Cheese installer, and select remove wifi IOSes. This installs the proper IOSes for the PriiLoader VGA installer to run.

Rerun the Cheese installer, and select remove wifi IOSes. This installs the proper IOSes for the PriiLoader VGA installer to run.
But will this remove the wi-fi from my wii?
I'm making a wii laptop with bluetooth and wi-fi.

It's there any other ios36 that i can install if it's the case?

thanks

AlecM7

But will this remove the wi-fi from my wii?
I'm making a wii laptop with bluetooth and wi-fi.

It's there any other ios36 that i can install if it's the case?

thanks
I think the way I got it working again was by rerunning the cheese installer again after installing the priiloader VGA patch. Then select "add back wifi IOSes". You'll probably have to change your emunand to get it working in games. I'm really not qualified to give advice on this, since I don't know how the VGA patch works. I just figured that if you didn't care about WiFi, that would be an easy way to fix your problem.

@Aurelio, is there a known good way to keep/add back WiFi after installing this patch?

AlecM7

Hey people, I'm having trouble with the VGA mod and I'm stuck for what to troubleshoot and was wondering if anybody has any tips.

So I think my wiring is okay, below in the diagram you can see where I've chosen to wire from (let me know if you think any of this is wrong).

- Wii mobo/model is an NTSCJ rvl cpu-01
- PriiloaderVGA and postloader/portablizeMii are displaying at15khz interlaced (RGB)
- I'm able to get Composite when I flick the switch I have setup between pin 8 and 10
- I believe the sync is wired correctly from the AVE since testing the 15khz RGBHV on a PVM the image is only sync'd when both the H and V lines are attached to my 15khz PVM monitor

- Sometimes I get this 'crazy screen' and putting it into a VGA PC Monitor it doesn't display anything (I'm aware 480p shouldn't display on this PVM and would also produce a 'crazy screen')

Video of said crazy screen:

Here's how the SD card is setup:

- Didn't do anything with SNEEK except extract it from the zip file and place it on the root of the SD card
- Priiloader screen displays the following: c.08.2 (rVGA) IOS v80

Any help would be much appreciated
You might want to try redoing your H-sync and V-sync lines on the AVE, since it looks like your monitor is still getting signal, but isn't able to lock onto it properly. If you used magnet wire, it's entirely possible that it's broken off of the pins partially.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I think the way I got it working again was by rerunning the cheese installer again after installing the priiloader VGA patch. Then select "add back wifi IOSes". You'll probably have to change your emunand to get it working in games. I'm really not qualified to give advice on this, since I don't know how the VGA patch works. I just figured that if you didn't care about WiFi, that would be an easy way to fix your problem.

@Aurelio, is there a known good way to keep/add back WiFi after installing this patch?
Not really. Priiloader installer relies on a patched IOS36. Eventually we'll move these patches to a single pack installer along with portablizemii and it will be easier

AlecM7

Not really. Priiloader installer relies on a patched IOS36. Eventually we'll move these patches to a single pack installer along with portablizemii and it will be easier
I do remember getting WiFi working at the same time as the VGA mod, but I don't know how the heck it was working, since I installed the remove WiFi IOSes mod right before testing it.

Also, is there a way to check whether the system can see the wifi module before flashing the IOSes that require it to be present for booting?

I'm getting this strange color on all 3 different monitors:

checked all the wires multiple times

Last edited:
You do have a ground wire, right?

Also, your image is broken.
Sorry. It's corrected now.

I'm using the large shield wire of the cable as ground and conected to all ground pins in the vga connector to it.

I found the cause of the color problem. I soldered the wires based on the pin colors of this official guide image:

I'm going to do new tests now.

Maybe this is the problem @Gunstar.

That's definitely the issue.

When in doubt, go by the text, not the colors.
The vídeo it's now crystal clear lol

I really did not expect this little mistake in the guide

Thanks for the support.

Last edited:

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
The vídeo it's now crystal clear lol

I really did not expect this little mistake in the guide

Thanks for the support.
It's not a mistake in the guide. The colors are matched to the YPbPr component video standard connector colors

ToddyHD

Hi. I have installed the VGA priiloader patch but I am not getting any sync on my screen at all. I reconnected composite and saw that in the settings editor GUI the video output was set to 480p video. The Wii works just fine in composite when connected and boots to the settings editor GUI. Here is some pictures of my wiring. I checked continuity of all of my wiring and everything is connected correctly. I haven't grounded any of the RGB signals but I have a ground wire running from the Wii to ground on my screen driver board.

Is there any way I can check that VGA priiloader was installed successfully?

IMG_3435.JPG

IMG_3437.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Make sure you haven't flipped hsync and vsync. I remember that some vga screns from china have swapped labels

ToddyHD

Make sure you haven't flipped hsync and vsync. I remember that some vga screns from china have swapped labels
I have checked both and I'm still not getting a signal. Could it be software related?

My screen and driver board are the following Dalian models. The silkscreeen for the keyboard screen controls was reversed so I am wondering whether the pinout for VGA is also reversed as well...

Attachments