Worklog First Wii portable

Portables
I have built a GC portable I am now going to attempt to build a Wii portable
- untrimmed Wii (unfortunately I couldn't get portibilizemii to work, bricked 2 Wii trying) so now I can't trim, I may trim just the ground bars across the board to make room in my case

- wiimote

- "5 tft back up monitorg

- 4 x 3.6v 20650 li-ion battery (not sure how long they will play for)

-charge and play feature

-frakencase

- trimmed GC controller

So I got a hold of some pokeball plus i have 4 brand new and I was thinking maybe I could use the analog from these for my portable is that a possibility anyone ever try this?

Started on my case for my portable using a ag-85 with a ipega controller that I took apart
I filled blank spots with plastic I cut to shape

Simple trim but motherboard fits just fine nice and snug

I started the paint for my case and it's looking pretty good I just need to sand with a finer grit paper and give it one more coat

Attachments

Last edited:

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
How did you brick 2 wiis trying to install portablizemii? If you started from an unmodded Wii this shouldn't happen. Also with priiloader/bootmii it should be pretty much impossible to brick the Wii.

With 4 18650s (on a trimmed 4 layer board) you get around 4 hours of battery life so with 20650s you would get even better but this also depends on whether or not you have a 4 or 6 layer board.

I would also recommend using a GC+ instead of a cut up GameCube controller.

Also even if you aren't going to trim, I would still read through the trimming guide. There's a lot of useful information in there.

Portables
Thank you and I'm not sure how it happened (the bricked Wii) it just went blank on power up. I have a 4 layer board ,also thank you I have read the trimming guide for a while now (weeks) and have learned a lot as for the GC+ they are not available in the store or I would have got one

Last edited:
Portables
Wii Laptop V2.0, GameCube SPITE
So I wired up these mini speakers but they sound static I'm not sure if it's them or the amp I'm using any ideas?

This is the amp I'm using pretty basic
Static with speaker is usually a ground problem. Make sure you have a proper ground and if it still has static use insulated wire (as opposed to magnet wire that is just coated).

Edit: I used that same amp on my Wii Laptop and didn’t have static issues so I doubt it’s the amp itself.

Hello, I'm also doing my 1st project, unfortunately I bought a 6-layer Wii and it bases on it, I cut off what I could and glued WII to 8 "Lcd.
I also wanted to cut down from GameCub because I have 3, but thanks to Aurelio I bought a GC + module, I recommend. I keep my fingers crossed and go forward with the project.:)

Portables
Hello, I'm also doing my 1st project, unfortunately I bought a 6-layer Wii and it bases on it, I cut off what I could and glued WII to 8 "Lcd.
I also wanted to cut down from GameCub because I have 3, but thanks to Aurelio I bought a GC + module, I recommend. I keep my fingers crossed and go forward with the project.:)
I want a GC+ but I can't find any

Portables
sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) +e^(i*pi)
your best bet would be making a thread that you want to buy a gc+, unless you want to make one, which there is information to make one.

Portables
Update -
So I'm basically done I just need a better cooling option I have 3 tiny fans inside but still gets warm (they are very small) so I will order a mini blower to blow hot air out of console (I will also repaint and change buttons on it ) but everything works great ! I will post when everything is finalized

Attachments