Release Wii native VGA - version 1.5

AlecM7

If YPbPr still works then you made some mistakes installing the pack, VGA replaces YPbPr. Try installing it again following all the steps carefully.
Ahh, sorry I meant that YPbPr worked just fine before installing. I haven't tried it after installation. I also added a switch so I can change between composite and VGA modes.

I know you said "you have to have selected 480p at least once in the system menu" even if it gets changed back to 480i will it still work?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
When you say blurry, do you mean that it shows up blurred and then disappears? If so it seems to be an issue with your screen not being compatible with the resolution output.
Try using https://gbatemp.net/threads/settings-editor-gui.310091/ to enable 480p.
I just used settings editor gui and there are only two options(480i and 576i) ,Does that means i can't set 480p with composite cable?
thanks!

AlecM7

When you say blurry, do you mean that it shows up blurred and then disappears? If so it seems to be an issue with your screen not being compatible with the resolution output.
Try using https://gbatemp.net/threads/settings-editor-gui.310091/ to enable 480p.
I got VGA working! It turns out I forgot to run a ground line from the Wii to the VGA cable connected to the monitor. It looks really sharp, and I can't wait to get 1:1 pixel mapping with the 800x480 VGA screen I have coming in the mail.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I got VGA working! It turns out I forgot to run a ground line from the Wii to the VGA cable connected to the monitor. It looks really sharp, and I can't wait to get 1:1 pixel mapping with the 800x480 VGA screen I have coming in the mail.
Oh awesome! If you have any issues let me know

Hello.
when i launch the wii game i get a black screen on vga. The game switches to composite mode (I checked this with the VGA <-> Composite switch). 480p in sysconf enable.
I think that the problem is in the files (iOS or ...) on my flash drive
Please share the archive with the contents of your USB drive or create detailed instructions on what to upload to a USB drive with VGA support.
I would be very grateful for your help.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Hello.
when i launch the wii game i get a black screen on vga. The game switches to composite mode (I checked this with the VGA <-> Composite switch). 480p in sysconf enable.
I think that the problem is in the files (iOS or ...) on my flash drive
Please share the archive with the contents of your USB drive or create detailed instructions on what to upload to a USB drive with VGA support.
I would be very grateful for your help.

Have you copied the new files from the sneek folder?

Have you copied the new files from the sneek folder?
Yes. I copied the apps and SNEEK folders from the PortablizeMiiVGA archive to a 128GB USB drive formatted in FAT32 (32k). There is no SD card in the slot.
I did the Wii soft mod (for 4.3v).
I also think that I didn’t correctly create Sneek.
You can give me instructions or better archive with ready files for Sneek.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Yes. I copied the apps and SNEEK folders from the PortablizeMiiVGA archive to a 128GB USB drive formatted in FAT32 (32k). There is no SD card in the slot.
I did the Wii soft mod (for 4.3v).
I also think that I didn’t correctly create Sneek.
You can give me instructions or better archive with ready files for Sneek.
Have you installed the stock portablizemii pack before installing this pack?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Hi, just signed up so I can ask some questions about VGA on Wii.

I'm not trying to make a portable Wii with it's own screen, I just want to get vga to my tv if it is cleaner and more vibrant than the component output...

So this soft-mod in combo with the mayflash style VGA cable doesn't require any internal soldering for true VGA?

I assume the mayflash cable etc are using a sync splitter so we don't need to access pins 33 and 34 on the AVE...

The generic D-terminal cables look like they could be rewired and changed to a VGA d-sub connector for a cheap cable (already have RCA audio plugs, would need to add sync splitter chip)

Am I in the ballpark on this?

Stella

Portables
hey im getting the "IOS36 isn't ES_Identify patched : error -1017." error

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Hi, just signed up so I can ask some questions about VGA on Wii.

I'm not trying to make a portable Wii with it's own screen, I just want to get vga to my tv if it is cleaner and more vibrant than the component output...

So this soft-mod in combo with the mayflash style VGA cable doesn't require any internal soldering for true VGA?

I assume the mayflash cable etc are using a sync splitter so we don't need to access pins 33 and 34 on the AVE...

The generic D-terminal cables look like they could be rewired and changed to a VGA d-sub connector for a cheap cable (already have RCA audio plugs, would need to add sync splitter chip)

Am I in the ballpark on this?
If you use the mayflash cable you don't have to use this patch at all, since that cable has an hardware YPbPr to VGA converter in it.

hey im getting the "IOS36 isn't ES_Identify patched : error -1017." error
Try reinstalling again portablizemii along with its ioses

Stella

Portables
Try reinstalling again portablizemii along with its ioses
i kind of got it to work by installing it with disabled wifi but i got yellow text when i ran the preboot and i dont know if it worked or not

also i used letterbomb forever ago so i dont know if i did that right but portsablizemii boots fine

If you use the mayflash cable you don't have to use this patch at all, since that cable has an hardware YPbPr to VGA converter in it.
Thanks for that info.

The first page of this thread mentions only needing to solder 2 wires. You mean the H and V sync pins on the AVE, for hooking up to an LCD screen for a hand held Wii, right?

Sounds like I would want to make my own 'dumb' VGA cable with a sync splitter to use alongside your VGA patch to avoid component encoding then being reconverted to RGBHV.

Or is there a software setting or chip onboard that can reroute the H and V signal to other lines on the AV mult-out (without lifting pins and soldering wires from the H and V pins)?

I assume not, or you would already be doing that for your portables.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Thanks for that info.

The first page of this thread mentions only needing to solder 2 wires. You mean the H and V sync pins on the AVE, for hooking up to an LCD screen for a hand held Wii, right?

Sounds like I would want to make my own 'dumb' VGA cable with a sync splitter to use alongside your VGA patch to avoid component encoding then being reconverted to RGBHV.

Or is there a software setting or chip onboard that can reroute the H and V signal to other lines on the AV mult-out (without lifting pins and soldering wires from the H and V pins)?

I assume not, or you would already be doing that for your portables.
The only way to get H and V sync is by wiring them to the pins reported in the first post. You can't use a sync splitter because when VGA is enabled both composite and YPbPr are disabled, so there is no other way to get sync.

The only way to get H and V sync is by wiring them to the pins reported in the first post. You can't use a sync splitter because when VGA is enabled both composite and YPbPr are disabled, so there is no other way to get sync.
Thanks again. I will probably jumper the H and V to the unused D-terminal data lines / solder points on the AV connector. That way there is no problem switching back and forth between vga and official component cables.

Do I need to worry about getting one of the later CPU-40 or CPU-60 consoles for better video output, or does VGA bypass / negate the image quality issue?