BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hi all! New to portablazing, avid electronics enthusiast.

I am a yellow transparent roll of tape, with googly eye and tape cape.

BUT

I'm also a helpful memer of mod-ciety!

thank :)

Hi, I joined this forum to expand my modding knowledge mainly. So far I have modded a gba sp with a new screen and buttons, and a Sega Nomad with a bunch of mods.

I am looking into getting a way to play Gamecube portable but it is way beyond anything I have done before so I figured it was a good idea to join the forum.

Hey there! I'm Drew, and what can I say, Ii's finally happened, I've found my calling. As long as I can remember, and much further, I've always been tinkering, taking things apart, and figuring out how things work. I've been using a soldering iron for 8 years, I've designed and built custom circuit boards, and I have an immense knowledge of electronics. I think I'm ready to take on some of the biggest challenges this community has to offer! I've just started my first wii project with one I had lying around, and I'll make a post about that soon!

Hello everyone I go by the name AtHere, and after being on the forums for 3 months "without an account," ive decided to do a portable! I have seen many people with joy creating their portable and i think it will a fun/learning experience. I love technology and how they function on the inside. When i was 7 years old i love to take apart everything phones,n64,printer, you name it and ive probably broke it:D:D. I want start off with a wii portable becuase the wii change me with how powerful it was back then and how fun it was. I will try to do my best and hope to to not ask soo many questions. My journey begins now!

Portables
Almost One :)
Hello all. I am very new to the BitBuilt community but I have been tinkering with a raspberry pi portable for over a year now. I find all of this stuff very interesting, and I wish to study Electrical Engineering in College. I may decide to make a Wii portable after my raspberry pi portable is finished.

However, I need some help, and I can't post a new thread yet.
Earlier today, before I made this forums account, I joined the public discord. After looking through the sections for a little while, I noticed the 'time4memes' section. I was under the impression that this section was for open postage of memes. So I posted the following meme that I came up with earlier today that I thought was hilarious:
"Hippity Hoppity
Your Grain Is Now Stalin's Property
You've Been Collectivized"

My intent was never to offend or trigger (in the PTSD sense) anyone in the discord or on the forums. I only wanted to make other people laugh at a joke that poked fun of a horrible past regime. However, I was then immediately banned from the discord.

My discord handle is the same as the one on these forums, ComradeNull. Is there any way that I can be unbanned from the discord? Please, I only want to learn from this community.

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: Wow, someone must have read this already, as I have been unbanned from the discord. Thank you phantom internet person!!

Last edited:
Hi all, I came across this board when looking for ways to make custom gamecube controllers. Am currently very stuck on a wavebird-related project, but hopefully I'll be able to figure it out with help from you all.

Portables
sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) +e^(i*pi)
Hi all, I came across this board when looking for ways to make custom gamecube controllers. Am currently very stuck on a wavebird-related project, but hopefully I'll be able to figure it out with help from you all.
Welcome! I'd love if you posted progress on your project :]

there's wavebird related info on this site, including Board scans, so check em out if you are interested

Welcome! I'd love if you posted progress on your project :]

there's wavebird related info on this site, including Board scans, so check em out if you are interested
As soon as I'm able to make a post, will do! I've already made good use of the board scans, am just struggling with hooking up a 3DS circle pad.

Hi i am here because of all the wii info, also i want to repair a wiimote

Last edited:
HI !
My name is Manollo Mancelli. Some of You may already know me from my infamous wii videos ;)
Made account on bitbuilt to post some things i will make in future.

Currently working on AiO voltage regulator for wii :)

Hi Everyone,
I used to post on the old ben heck forums way back in the day (started an N64 portable but never finished it)

I've been meaning to sign up here for while, looks like the scene has really evolved since then.
I look forward to reading about all the new stuff you guys have done and maybe working on a new portable of my own.

cheers

Portables
Wii Laptop V2.0, GameCube SPITE
Hi Everyone,
I used to post on the old ben heck forums way back in the day (started an N64 portable but never finished it)

I've been meaning to sign up here for while, looks like the scene has really evolved since then.
I look forward to reading about all the new stuff you guys have done and maybe working on a new portable of my own.

cheers
Welcome! You can start by finishing that N64 project! 'Tis the season to resurrect an unfinished portable! There's still a lot of love for the N64 here :D:D

Hello I’m new here and I’m working my first portable N64 and I don’t know how to do urls for pictures .

Portables
Wii Laptop V2.0, GameCube SPITE
Welcome. To upload an image just click the "Upload a File" icon and you can upload it from your computer/phone. We prefer it to be uploaded directly to bit built as opposed to using an image hosting site, that way it will be more likely the image will be preserved (as long as bit built is around).
Image.PNG

Cradiak thanks ! I ain’t to make a post or thread so I’m looking for help if anyone would be able to help . I basically used the modded bacteria instructions but it’s not working for some reason . And I’ll be happy to show images.

AlecM7

Hi,
I'm new here, and have been working on my first Wii portable recently. I'm planning to build it inside of a portable DVD player.
I have a questions about the forum. For example, I can't seem to be able to create a new thread anywhere, and I'd like to start a build log of my portable. I was wondering what I need to do to be able to create threads.

Also, I was wondering if I originally installed the WiFi removal IOSes through portablizemii, could I replace them so that WiFi works again?
I really would like to be able to play Wiimmfi Mario Kart on it again.

Finally, how long should my 4400mah 7.4v lipo battery last with an OMGWTF RVL-CPU-40 Wii and a 9" screen that draws around 50mA last?

Thanks,
Alec

BocuD

Portables
Hi,
I'm new here, and have been working on my first Wii portable recently. I'm planning to build it inside of a portable DVD player.
I have a questions about the forum. For example, I can't seem to be able to create a new thread anywhere, and I'd like to start a build log of my portable. I was wondering what I need to do to be able to create threads.

Also, I was wondering if I originally installed the WiFi removal IOSes through portablizemii, could I replace them so that WiFi works again?
I really would like to be able to play Wiimmfi Mario Kart on it again.

Finally, how long should my 4400mah 7.4v lipo battery last with an OMGWTF RVL-CPU-40 Wii and a 9" screen that draws around 50mA last?

Thanks,
Alec
Hi, welcome to the forums!
To create a new thread you need to reply to another thread first. This is to combat spam. As you posted here you should now be able to make one.

If you want to restore the Wifi functionality just run the cheese installer again, there should be an option to restore wifi.

Its highly unlikely that your screen draws just 50mA, so im assuming a bit more. This is also assuming you use custom regulators for the wii. (in the guide section theres an explanation about those) If you lower the brightness a bit it might just hit 2 hours considering 9” is very big. Other (smaller) portables would usually get about 2.5 hours with that battery setup. With stock regulators you probably get around 1.5 hours.
If you have any further questions feel free to make a worklog and ask them in a there.

AlecM7

Hi, welcome to the forums!
To create a new thread you need to reply to another thread first. This is to combat spam. As you posted here you should now be able to make one.

If you want to restore the Wifi functionality just run the cheese installer again, there should be an option to restore wifi.

Its highly unlikely that your screen draws just 50mA, so im assuming a bit more. This is also assuming you use custom regulators for the wii. (in the guide section theres an explanation about those) If you lower the brightness a bit it might just hit 2 hours considering 9” is very big. Other (smaller) portables would usually get about 2.5 hours with that battery setup. With stock regulators you probably get around 1.5 hours.
If you have any further questions feel free to make a worklog and ask them in a there.
Thanks for all the info!
I don't have the screen yet, and I was just going off what the original DVD player's screen/motherboard was drawing. ==EDIT== I realized that I was reading the amperage wrong off of my adjustable power supply. I meant to say 500ma

I also was wondering what the best way to charge the 7.4V pack is. It already has a BMS on it, but I couldn't find a board that would take in 12v or so and charge the batteries.

Last edited:
Hello people of the internet... I am thedigi321. I came to this website for two reasons. One is the portabilize mii software. Another is to make a portable system. you might ask why I didn't lead off with making a portable system. Well I have 2 "dead" Wiis an original white wii, and a later black wii, Now I say "dead" because the disc drives of both Wii are damage so if I go to anything like the mii channel or something that requires a functional drive mother board my systems give errors relating to the disc drive, so I was looking for a way to run my wiis without a disc drive motherboard, and thought this would might be a good place to start asking questions. plus I had seen the KillMii and PiiWii and thought about my mothers broken tablet that I recently too apart, the LCD screen is fine but the glass with the touch pad is cracked. Now this tablet was my mom's but the tablet was stuck in a boot loop, so I thought why not get the parts from it, the screen is fine. It is a 40 pin screen, about 7 inches. I have my two Wiis, a battery from the tablet, and my soldering station I got off of amazon. I was thinking of making wii portable if possible.

TLDR I am thedigi321, and I came for the portabilize mii software, to make a portable wii, and to find a way to run a wii without a disc drive.