Discussion PowerMii call for contribution

Sorry I haven't been around too much, but I am definitely still interested.

I'm still interested as well
How much would I need to pay again?

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
$90 according to the firts post, assuming that hasn't changed.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
In two days, or before if everyone who put money into this will have shared their decision, I will send my PayPal address to everyone. The total will be $90 for those who have put $10.

Portables
Wii Laptop V2.0, GameCube SPITE
In two days, or before if everyone who put money into this will have shared their decision, I will send my PayPal address to everyone. The total will be $90 for those who have put $10.
Are you only going to be making them for those who donated earlier, or will you be taking orders for others as well? I'm definitely interested.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Are you only going to be making them for those who donated earlier, or will you be taking orders for others as well? I'm definitely interested.
As of now this is only for those. Hopefully I will be able to get a small personal stock for the next batch.
There might be few spots left in this batch, I will let you know (you would have to pay $110).

Portables
Wii Laptop V2.0, GameCube SPITE
As of now this is only for those. Hopefully I will be able to get a small personal stock for the next batch.
There might be few spots left in this batch, I will let you know (you would have to pay $110).
Okay, let me know and I'll order one :)

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Can you count me in?

Edit: In the next batch, if there is no part left.
I still have to order the parts, so that's fine. I will ask everyone who gave their confirmation for the money on Monday

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
My wallet says not this time. If someone else wants my spot they can have it

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
All right everyone, the time has come. I am going to send a PM to everyone who gave their confirmation with my PayPal address and the total due.

@Sharpsword @Lanchlan I am counting you two as well. As I stated previously, PowerMii is not a noob-friendly board, so make sure you know what you are doing. I don't want to see anyone waste money on this.

EDIT: I sent everyone the PM. If I forgot anybody or there are errors in your PM let me know.

Last edited:

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Damn, this took way too long. I am sorry everyone, I kept you waiting for almost a year and didn't really provide updates through these months (besides few ones on the Discord server). This year was though and the time I was able to put into this was very limited.
Anyways, I am finally done with this. The firmware is complete (although new features might be available in the future via upgrades) and it is very solid. This is a list of the features:
-Voltage regulation for the Wii
-1S battery pack charging with "charge & play"
-Integrated fuel gauge to monitor battery status (capacity, health, number of cycles, anything)
-On-board digital audio amp for speakers and headphones
-Fully configurable from the Wii through the companion homebrew
-Compatible both with momentary power switches and on-off switches
-PWM output to change LCD backlight brightness (requires mods to driver board)
-Temperature controlled fan driver thanks to a PID controller
-USB muxer selector (doesn't provide muxing feature by itself). Will explain better in another post
Protections:
-Thermal shutdown protection
-Low battery level shutdown
-Shipping mode

-WiiHUD compatibility to show stats (volume bar, battery percentage) on screen while playing any game
-Possibility to support expansion boards via i2c bus for things such as light sensor for automatic backlight control

-Fully upgradeable firmware from the Wii
-Fast, easy and safe
It will also come with this tiny board that sits right between the CPU and the GPU and provides accurate temperature readings from them.
IMG_20190914_005732.jpg

I will be out of town until the end of the month, but after that I will assemble all the boards for the first batch (I have only done 6 as of now) and I will DM each one of you to sort out the details for the shipping.

Sorry again for the very long wait.

Last edited: