Question 6 Layer Board Displays Black and White Lines

So I have a 6 layer board that is displaying black and white lines after I've trimmed it and done u10 relocation. Here is what it displays-
IMG_20180914_133802194.jpg
Here are some pictures of my wiring-
IMG_20180914_143236333.jpg

IMG_20180914_143226271.jpg
I was not able to get the Wii to boot before trimming it because it would short everytime I tried to power it on. If I disconnected the 3.3v wire going to u10 it would turn on but not display anything since u10 isn't getting 3.3v. I thought that trimming the board may fix the issue but it appears it did not.
u10 is getting around 3.2v, and all of my other voltages are pretty close to what I need. I have also tried using a tact switch hooked up to 3.3v and 1 leg of u10 and it does the same thing.
Any help is appreciated!

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Your board is probably toast. 6 layer boards have, as the name suggest, 6 layers of circuitry, each layer containing many, many traces connecting components across the board. In order to make the trimming guides, we sanded down each of the layers to view the traces inside. The cut lines aren't arbitrary: they were drawn specificly as to not sever traces on visible or hidden layers. By ignoring these lines and cutting inside of them, you almost certainly have severed essential data lines, even if you can't see them. At this point, your only option is to grab a new board, and cut along the lines next time.

Your board is probably toast. 6 layer boards have, as the name suggest, 6 layers of circuitry, each layer containing many, many traces connecting components across the board. In order to make the trimming guides, we sanded down each of the layers to view the traces inside. The cut lines aren't arbitrary: they were drawn specificly as to not sever traces on visible or hidden layers. By ignoring these lines and cutting inside of them, you almost certainly have severed essential data lines, even if you can't see them. At this point, your only option is to grab a new board, and cut along the lines next time.
Darn, well atleast it gives me the excuse to try to find a 4 layer board now.

BocuD

Portables
I would try to check everything around 1.8v and the nand. Then first file and then sand the board a lot, cuz damn this trim is sloppily done. You might be able to save it but since there isn't (or at least we don't have acces) to a 6 layer wii compendium.
The areas highlighted in yellow are particularly bad, and I would try to do some more sanding on those. The red area is where the 1.8v reg is and the ram is there. It looks like (if this is like the 4 layer Wiis) you might have sliced through some ram data lines. If this is the case, rip this wii. If not, sanding might fix it.
IMG_20180914_143226271.jpg

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Why did you do the jaggedy thing? The guide has a nice smooth outline for you to mimic.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Ignore BocuD. You severed your data lines between your RAM and GPU on at least one layer. Your board is totaled.
20180922_014459.jpg