Release Wii native VGA - version 1.5

Portables
That error shouldn't happen unless the hacks_hash.ini file got somehow corrupted. Try deleting the file and copy it again
WTF?
I can't believe why the file was corrupted, but now it is working :D
Thanks again

Portables
The system menu through VGA is working or the Priiloader issue you were having is working?
The real Wii Menu isn't starting anymore with the VGA Patch, but the SNEEK NAND is working with these patch.
I think the VGA Patch freeze the Wii Menu

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
The real Wii Menu isn't starting anymore with the VGA Patch, but the SNEEK NAND is working with these patch.
I think the VGA Patch freeze the Wii Menu
Do you get black screen or no sync/no signal?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I have updated the patches to version 1.3 (as usual in the open post). The hack now supports the Wii system menu as well. The hacks_hash.ini file that some have tried few days ago is not needed, if you keep it make sure to have the "Forge VGA" patch DISABLED.
EDIT: I forgot to specify, for those who have already the patches installed, you need to run again Priiloader's installer.

Last edited:
You are incredible at what you do, as I'm sure you already know haha. Thank you for your hard work!

Portables
I have updated the patches to version 1.3 (as usual in the open post). The hack now supports the Wii system menu as well. The hacks_hash.ini file that some have tried few days ago is not needed, if you keep it make sure to have the "Forge VGA" patch DISABLED.
EDIT: I forgot to specify, for those who have already the patches installed, you need to run again Priiloader's installer.
The System Menu is working...
you're so awesome :)
I don't know why, but my homebrew channel isn't working with VGA, but i also have no chance to start it from composite, so i don't know if i did something wrong :D

Thank you for your hard work

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
The System Menu is working...
you're so awesome :)
I don't know why, but my homebrew channel isn't working with VGA, but i also have no chance to start it from composite, so i don't know if i did something wrong :D

Thank you for your hard work
The HBC is not patched with these patches. I really don't see the need to do that tbh

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I have updated a newer version (1.4). The changes are minor:
-Version 1.3 had a bug that didn't allow to force VGA when running the System Menu when specifying a different IOS to load.
-It should now support the HBC as well (although this part is untested).

As before, for this update you only need to run the installer.

Portables
-Version 1.3 had a bug that didn't allow to force VGA when running the System Menu when specifying a different IOS to load.

you're so awesome man.

Thank you for sharing your great work with everyone, it really is very kind of you! thank you!

@Aurelio - ok so I've tried a few different VGA-to-HDMI converters and they all have that banding interference I mentioned initially. I've tried different types of wire and alternative solder points and none of it makes a difference.

How do I reverse this hack and return my Wii to component output mode? The hardware side is easy, just desolder the wires, but how do I actually uninstall the hack itself?

I'd love to keep it, but unfortunately there's something about the video output over VGA that won't cooperate with the converters available on the market. If I plug it directly into a VGA monitor it works beautifully, so it's clearly the conversion step that's having trouble.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
@Aurelio - ok so I've tried a few different VGA-to-HDMI converters and they all have that banding interference I mentioned initially. I've tried different types of wire and alternative solder points and none of it makes a difference.

How do I reverse this hack and return my Wii to component output mode? The hardware side is easy, just desolder the wires, but how do I actually uninstall the hack itself?

I'd love to keep it, but unfortunately there's something about the video output over VGA that won't cooperate with the converters available on the market. If I plug it directly into a VGA monitor it works beautifully, so it's clearly the conversion step that's having trouble.
To uninstall it all you have to do is downloading the official priiloader build and install that. Then use the postloader from the portablizemii pack and install that as well (through priiloader). Otherwise you can simply run again the portablizemii installer