One port Charge and Play chip?

Portables
If I'm barking up the wrong tree, or just completely and totally incorrect, my bad for wasting everyone's time . Now, I don't fully understand the data sheet, but perhaps a more experienced eye can let me know. This chip that I stumbled across seems worth checking out.
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Maxim-Integrated/MAX14748EWW+?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtOXy69nW9rM8LHrWH4TATn%2bVVRMuD5mEEHSfMwzhjoVw==
I don't know something about this ic, but @JacksonS is using the "TI BQ24170" in his Portable

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
That's a fancy chip there, it could be neat for something pre made to sell to portablizers, but I wouldn't recommend trying to use it on your own. BGA is fairly hard to work with to begin with, and at 8 bucks a chip, it can get expensive if you make a mistake

Portables
That's a fancy chip there, it could be neat for something pre made to sell to portablizers, but I wouldn't recommend trying to use it on your own. BGA is fairly hard to work with to begin with, and at 8 bucks a chip, it can get expensive if you make a mistake
That is right, but i want to put this ic in my next project, but i need a ic or circuit for the balancing (i want to remove the batteries) and for undervoltage cut off.
Do you know some kind of ic or circuit?

cheese

Staff member
I would suggest measuring how much power you need for all your components (screen, speakers, board, etc), round it up a bit for safety, and find a chip that can do that. Then just lay out the recommended schematic that is listed in the datasheet (almost all ICs have some kind of recommended schematic that should work for most applications).

Alternatively, you can use the premade battery boards that we recommend in the BOM.

Portables
Thank you for your quick answer
Yeah, i already know the red charging board, but it have really slow loading time and it gets really hot ;(
I also want to use my own Reg Board and it would be perfect with a charging circuit on it :)

cheese

Staff member
Thank you for your quick answer
Yeah, i already know the red charging board, but it have really slow loading time and it gets really hot ;(
I also want to use my own Reg Board and it would be perfect with a charging circuit on it :)
If you want to make your own charging board I'd suggest something QFN, since BGA is fairly difficult to solder