Worklog WiiGo

So after my first 3D printer broke(rip) i got a new one lol. It's a CR-10. Anyways, thought It would be fun to show case the work, and see if somebody trys to make a better version in the future lol:P
Description: WiiGo
3D printed case
290mm L
154mm W (could make thinner, but... I'll explain later)
36mm H
4× 18650s 3000mah each(possibly interchangeable)
GameCube ports for console play
Headphone jack, and a speaker
HDMI port for integrated 1080p screen, and for TV/console play
12v in, for AC power(for non-battery use play)
128GB USB Samsung(thinking of upgrading to 1TB)
GC+ board with 3Ds sliders
And a Switch like feature(will describe later on);)
15276402072601340539130.jpg
these are a couple of test prints, but they are the same dimensions(290,154,36mm) Just to give ya an idea

Just trying to finish the actual 3D model files within a fushion 360 free month trial lol:'(

Well finally finished the Autodesk editing and went straight to printing(over 100hrs). I've got my tact switches in place, and screen in.
Got a new GC+ board, shout out GingerOfOz!
So now I'm trying to solder everything up, but ran into a problem.
20180613_140626.jpg
I'm trying to solder up one of those HDMI adapters to my wii directly. And i made all connections of ground, rgb, video, power, everything except for the "mode" connections. Which I've read you should short together to get component video. But I'm wondering if it's needed for the HDMI adapter? My Wii turned on fine but i wasn't getting any video out put through my HD adapter? Was thinking of just getting video output a different way, but the handheld will support console like features so i need the HD adapter:\
Anyway now that i think i have everything needed I will be post more on the project soon;)
20180613_140707.jpg
will post better pictures soon:awesome:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Well finally finished the Autodesk editing and went straight to printing(over 100hrs). I've got my tact switches in place, and screen in.
Got a new GC+ board, shout out GingerOfOz!
So now I'm trying to solder everything up, but ran into a problem. View attachment 6279I'm trying to solder up one of those HDMI adapters to my wii directly. And i made all connections of ground, rgb, video, power, everything except for the "mode" connections. Which I've read you should short together to get component video. But I'm wondering if it's needed for the HDMI adapter? My Wii turned on fine but i wasn't getting any video out put through my HD adapter? Was thinking of just getting video output a different way, but the handheld will support console like features so i need the HD adapter:\
Anyway now that i think i have everything needed I will be post more on the project soon;)View attachment 6280will post better pictures soon:awesome:
Yes, you do need to short mode to 3.3v for the Wii2HDMI. It converts YPbPr to HDMI, so you have to do that. Case looks good btw.

Yes, you do need to short mode to 3.3v for the Wii2HDMI. It converts YPbPr to HDMI, so you have to do that. Case looks good btw.
Okay thanks! I'll give that a try:D
And printed it with a layer height of .1mm with 50% infill for anyone wondering.

So it's been awhile since I've posted anything, but I'm really close to finishing. Actually was going to post the finished product today or tomorrow, when suddenly my S stick started going to the left all on it's own:'(
I had everything working great, except the S stick would Tokyo drift to the left when i moved my S stick to the left and stopped moving it. So i poked the x axis wire a little on my 3ds slider. And then it just went in the left direction without me doing anything.
:(
So i re-soldered my connections, and tried to re-calibrate the S stick. To my surprise it was maxing out the distance on the x axis. I disconnected the x axis from the GC+ board; and all the slider connections, yet still have the problem:'(
20180701_173138.jpg
I'm wondering if it's my GC+ board or my wii? Really trying to get this fixed fast cause i leave on vacation soon. Any help is great cause I'm stumped

Highly doubtful it's your Wii. You should check to make sure there's no short to 3.3v or gnd on your sx connection.
I've disconnected my 3ds slider and the connections to the SX AND SY, but to no success. Keeps maxing out the distance for SX:\Could it have something to do with the ic chip?
15304958732861552661740.jpg

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
If sx is not connected it will max out like that. It looks as though you damaged a different pad. Maybe it's possible that you damaged the SX pad as well even if you can't see it? I would reconnect it and if it's not shorted to 3.3v or gnd ensure with a continuity test that it is connected to the leg of the IC.

Alright I'll give that a try, thanks a lot
If sx is not connected it will max out like that. It looks as though you damaged a different pad. Maybe it's possible that you damaged the SX pad as well even if you can't see it? I would reconnect it and if it's not shorted to 3.3v or gnd ensure with a continuity test that it is connected to the leg of the IC.

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
If that doesn't fix it, reach out to Aurelio for help. It's possible that your joystick ranges may have come out of configurations and need to be reset. He can help you fix that if it's the issue, it's happened to me and at least one other person before.

If that doesn't fix it, reach out to Aurelio for help. It's possible that your joystick ranges may have come out of configurations and need to be reset. He can help you fix that if it's the issue, it's happened to me and at least one other person before.
Thanks so much for all the help. I was able to get things working again after cleaning everything, and then re-soldered my connections. Now i just have to put everything back together again lol. Will be updating this forum on my build tomorrow if i don't run into anymore errors lol:awesome:
Thanks for all the help again:)

Nold

real emulation, no hardware
Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
hi, nice first(?) project so far.

Just wanted to give some tips on soldering: When stripping & presoldering your wires, cut the stripped part as short as possible / to the size of the pad you are soldering to. Also using some flux will make your soldering joints much nicer!