BitBuilt Forum Suggestions

Any chance you could make the name of the most recent poster on the index next to the thread bolded or preceded with something like "poster: (username here)" I keep looking at the text under the sub forum hyperlink not being able to distinguish the thread title and poster.

Also the night time theme has a few parts that are glaringly bright kind of negating the purpose

And the typing box on the post reply page is broken on Dolphin Web browser for iOS and Android so I have to switch between Safari and Dolphin

None of these are big deals though not trying to be super nit-picky this forum is super intuitive and sleek just a few things i noticed

EDIT: I think a wiki button on the forum index would be pretty good too to streamline the toolbar thingy

I also know little to nothing about how these forums builders work so some stuff I suggested may be impossible.

Last edited:

Noah

retired
Portables
Sorry, I would have gotten back to you earlier but I was at work.
Any chance you could make the name of the most recent poster on the index next to the thread bolded or preceded with something like "poster: (username here)" I keep looking at the text under the sub forum hyperlink not being able to distinguish the thread title and poster.
Yeah, it's something I'm looking into. Still learning how XenForo's styles CSS stuff is layed out so it should be done pretty soon.
Also the night time theme has a few parts that are glaringly bright kind of negating the purpose
Yeah, BB Dark is still a WIP. I meant to disable it before we launched so I could finish it up but I forgot. Will be done this weekend.
And the typing box on the post reply page is broken on Dolphin Web browser for iOS and Android so I have to switch between Safari and Dolphin
Hmm, I'll download Dolphin and take a look.
EDIT: I think a wiki button on the forum index would be pretty good too to streamline the toolbar thingy
Also will be added shortly. I'm working on a "universal" toolbar that is the same across the front page, forum, and wiki.

My basic plan as of now is to integrate the rest of the site into one database. I'll be doing things like combining all user accounts (Wiki, WP, forums) under one login and having the "universal toolbar" show up across all sites with things like PMs, notifications and the like.

Last edited:
Any way to change the icon I get when I make the forums a shortcut on the home screen on iOS? Right now it's a blue square that says "xenoforo". Smashboards uses the same forums builder (I think) and their icon is their logo.

watsug

Subreddit? Could be used mostly for linking to bitbuilt frontpage articles etc. Could attract more views of people not visiting the site that often but still want to see finished projects.

Noah

retired
Portables
Yeah, it's something I'd like to do. Especially since we can link posts in other subreddits to our subreddit.

watsug

Any way to have a last posts like the on the main page, but with more posts. Like the new post link, but with more threads. And have the last post on all pages.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
I like the idea of a BitBuilt subreddit. I created a r/BitBuilt subreddit, so nobody can claim the subreddit, but I don't really know how to customize it. Anybody interested in working on it hit me up, and Ill admin you.

Herma

I may be dense and unable to see it, but I'd really like a "View unread messages" page. That's basically how I go about reading forums in general.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
I like your new avatar BitBuiltBot, it looks really good.

Luke

Portables
This is more of a cool feature, and I know you guys are probably still busy with things that actually matter, but an arcade addon would be a cool edition to the forum. You know what I'm talking about, it's a part of the forum that has playable arcade games, and it has leaderboards, etc, and underneath your avatar where it says joined, messages, likes received, etc, it would have medals, and show the total number of "medals" (top scores) you had? Don't know how complicated it would be to implement, but I think it's just an addon that you would install.

I THINK that mbb had one at one point, but I don't honestly remember. I just remember it being a fun way for members to interact and compete, and that it fit in well with a video game forum, despite the fact that the forum was first and foremost for modding/portablizing game systems.

Last edited:

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
This is more of a cool feature, and I know you guys are probably still busy with things that actually matter, but an arcade addon would be a cool edition to the forum. You know what I'm talking about, it's a part of the forum that has playable arcade games, and it has leaderboards, etc, and underneath your avatar where it says joined, messages, likes received, etc, it would have medals, and show the total number of "medals" (top scores) you had? Don't know how complicated it would be to implement, but I think it's just an addon that you would install.

I THINK that mbb had one at one point, but I don't honestly remember. I just remember it being a fun way for members to interact and compete, and that it fit in well with a video game forum, despite the fact that the forum was first and foremost for modding/portablizing game systems.
I will ruin your entire existance in Curveball

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
we should sticky a link to each consoles respective guide section in each console section.
You're a moderator DO IT YOURSELF.

Make sure the title stands out and is uniform for each section.
IE: ============N64 Guide Hub===========420