Status
Not open for further replies.

Nold

real emulation, no hardware
Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
Even if there are many strange things about your portable (DD, Memorycart, ...) , i still really like it's look. Especially because you didn't have much time to put this together, it's pretty impressive as you really put a lot inside!

Can't wait to see an improved BB-Version of it ;-)

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
It is a waste to 3D print a case and not design screw posts. Screws make is easier to assemble and highly serviceable. Glue is not a great building material because it can fail and mounting the parts is not as precise. The inside is where it really counts.

It is a waste to 3D print a case and not design screw posts. Screws make is easier to assemble and highly serviceable. Glue is not a great building material because it can fail and mounting the parts is not as precise. The inside is where it really counts.
I did use screw posts for connecting the 2 halves together. There are 6 of them, suppose to be 8 but the distance on 2 of them were wrong on the actual case, didnt notice this until already loading everything. Maintenance on this system is important cause i do want to eventually get everything working like the touch screen.
Screw Connector.png

-merge-

Even if there are many strange things about your portable (DD, Memorycart, ...) , i still really like it's look. Especially because you didn't have much time to put this together, it's pretty impressive as you really put a lot inside!

Can't wait to see an improved BB-Version of it ;-)
yea wiiflow and that dd, i know portablizemii gets rid of it, but I did this work in wiiflow that i still wanted to make portable. i wired up the memory card even when it saves to the hdd, just for fun, but i ended up not removing it later, i just hit the fuck it button since i had the convenient space inside for it.
Anyways, Thanks man, appreciate it. I'll try to get the BB version made later this year!

-merge-

Hey Mills!

I’m going to sidestep all of the political stuff because... well, because I’m just some guy trying to do my part to make this community as positive and welcoming as possible and I think that you’ve been remarkable at taking a lot of criticism as graciously as possible.

Having said that, I think your portable looks nice and clean! It looks somewhat industrial but otherwise I can’t identify any sort of “theme”, which I suppose is pretty fitting for a multi-system portable. I’ve not checked out your E14 page yet but I’ll have to go take a look.
Thanks, i didn't want anyone including myself offended or cheap shotted with all that, glad things are mostly squared away at this point!
Between the paint job, it's cuuuurves, and the switches and buttons and such, i think it looks futuristic but retro at the same time, cause it goes from wii games all the way back to Odyssey.

I don’t hate you (nor anyone else tbh), but I had to make few things clear. Check the community and the projects made by other modders to have a grasp of what we have achieved in the past few years and we’re good
noted, glad we sorted this out, I'll be sure to look around more in depth when this semester ends

As first wii portables go, this is definitely a solid build :) I am also in the HLH competition and I wasn't confident enough to try building a wii portable in a month, so I'm very impressed that you were able to finish this and make it look nice. I like the black and white in particular (I'm all about casework haha). I especially like the curvy bezel, I think that came out really well and looks nice as well as being functional. The aesthetic design choices are spot on. I look forward to seeing your next wii portable after you've had some time to check out the other builds and methods here. I think they will make your life a lot easier as well as cut down on some of the unneccesary parts like the daughterboard.

As a side note, you want to avoid posting multiple times in a row. Please just edit onto the previous post unless a decent interval has passed :)
This reply made me smile the whole time reading it, thanks! And good luck, I'll check out your project video then. There was quite a bit of not sleeping between this build and other things going on here on my end, but worth it to get it closed up and working almost exactly how I wanted it to. I really appreciate the case related compliments, cause I feel I am not good at making cases look nice. yeah that dd board has to go, but without it wii games wouldnt load on wiiflow.

I'm getting use to the thread lingo, like merging posts and combining. I'll fix that for the future!

Last edited by a moderator:

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
As first wii portables go, this is definitely a solid build :) I am also in the HLH competition and I wasn't confident enough to try building a wii portable in a month, so I'm very impressed that you were able to finish this and make it look nice. I like the black and white in particular (I'm all about casework haha). I especially like the curvy bezel, I think that came out really well and looks nice as well as being functional. The aesthetic design choices are spot on. I look forward to seeing your next wii portable after you've had some time to check out the other builds and methods here. I think they will make your life a lot easier as well as cut down on some of the unneccesary parts like the daughterboard.

As a side note, you want to avoid posting multiple times in a row. Please just edit onto the previous post unless a decent interval has passed :)

BocuD

Portables
Lel you trimmed your Wii with scissors, you should meet BocuD.
Ayy
Actually as long as you're not removing the nand with a paint burner your still good lol

Nold

real emulation, no hardware
Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
Normally, I'm not the guy criticizing other people builds. But since this is "the ultimate portable" I think it's just appropriate to say some things i recognized watching your video.

First of all, as I'm a tech-guy, so lets have a look at the internals...
djm_portable_half1.png

djm_portable_half2.png

IDK if I need to say anything.. it's a mess.

But what I don't get at all: How does your cooling system work?
I can see a fan, but no heatsinks or a way for the air to flow...

djm_portable_internals.png

My guess would be, that you are using something like a copper plate. But still I don't see a way for the air to flow or even leave the case?! O.o

Well the trim has been discussed... But yea.. "WiiFlow"...

In minute 8:34 in your video you say that the AVE & NAND "can't be removed".
Which made my poor OMEGA board cry & simply is misinformation :(

Also listing every homebrew/emulator for the wii as a feature of your portable, is kinda weird... every wii & nearly every wii portables has this "features"..

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Normally, I'm not the guy criticizing other people builds. But since this is "the ultimate portable" I think it's just appropriate to say some things i recognized watching your video.

First of all, as I'm a tech-guy, so lets have a look at the internals...
View attachment 5657
View attachment 5658
IDK if I need to say anything.. it's a mess.

But what I don't get at all: How does your cooling system work?
I can see a fan, but no heatsinks or a way for the air to flow...

View attachment 5659
My guess would be, that you are using something like a copper plate. But still I don't see a way for the air to flow or even leave the case?! O.o

Well the trim has been discussed... But yea.. "WiiFlow"...

In minute 8:34 in your video you say that the AVE & NAND "can't be removed".
Which made my poor OMEGA board cry & simply is misinformation :(

Also listing every homebrew/emulator for the wii as a feature of your portable, is kinda weird... every wii & nearly every wii portables has this "features"..
I think those 3 little square holes on the sides are supposed to be air vents, but they're so tiny and out of the way.

bud

DAT ASS
Portables
13+-ish Can't remember ;P
This guy has been ripping off people's work for years. (Mine included) If you're going to steal others ideas as your own at least make it look nice/functional. Everything I've seen looks like a rats nest/battery fire waiting to happen. Not really any excuse for that when myself and countless others did the dirty work many years ago.

You're a chode in my opinion and you'll never replace Heck. How do you expect to run a show when you can't come up with your own ideas to begin with?

Bad form all around.

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
There are way too many things I could say but there is no point in kindling the fire even more. Quite the interesting display on my page. There’s unnecessary attacks toward me, my family, and my school for wanting to vote for me in the contest. I’m not sorry for the people that love me. There’s accusations of lying, cheating, and stealing. Things like I’m cocky, in it for the “thrill of benjamins,” that quote made me laugh the most of all because it was the most wrong.

ezmoney

Last edited:

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
There are way too many things I could say but there is no point in kindling the fire even more. Quite the interesting display on my page. There’s unnecessary attacks toward me, my family, and my school for wanting to vote for me in the contest. I’m not sorry for the people that love me. There’s accusations of lying, cheating, and stealing. Things like I’m cocky, in it for the “thrill of benjamins,” that quote made me laugh the most of all because it was the most wrong.

I started building over a decade ago and I chose not to try and become part of a community because of two reasons. I didn’t want to be consumed by threads like those displayed on my entry page, and there were many other aspects, opportunities, and interests I wanted to pursue in my life that have no time for back and forth back and forth forum hate where more people get pissed off from it. These matters are never private when posted online and become more petty, more juvenile, and spread to other sites. It’s sad, some never leave middle school. Reality check, people are going to see and use the information posted on public forums, and claiming it as stealing, even when credited, is just plain stupid. If that’s the case then portablizemii needs bootmii and homebrew to install and the definitive wii trimming guide promotes hacking the wii to download illegal roms to play in your hands and not use discs. Team Twiizers and Nintendo can easily call the Portablizemii team out if this is the case. After all, we are hacking existing technology and making our own adaptations that we deem as improvements.

I was always in this for the builds and wanting to make cool things with video games, and show my friends and family there was more to just playing them; and I don’t mean only showing my builds off. Perfect example during this contest. Some thought it was suspicious with the rise in votes but it was only advertising myself, the Hack like Heck contest, element 14, and even BitBuilt and my competitor in the contest SS’s portable after such hate was expressed toward me. My professors showed videos from the contest to the classes here at my University and related them to everyday engineering to inspire students’ creativity and engineering as a whole. I love that people love this stuff.

Think a bit differently. I did find some things out on my own over the past years building portables, but that doesn’t mean I’m claiming it as my never before seen discovery. For portable 64’s I thought I was the first to RCP wire the cartridge slot, but I found photos of others that have already after I did it. Doesn’t mean I can’t be proud I found it out on my own first without seeing it done before. And that doesn’t mean everything I’ve done was without help in some form. Lately, I reversed and RCP board bent the cartridge slot (what I call it), which could’ve been done before too, I honestly don’t know and spending hours and hours of my limited time online seeing if someone did it first is a waste to me, because I’d rather build or do other activities that interest me in that time. SS told me his advice to just not give a fuck and help people, I just didn't gave a fuck and wanted to build! And that’s a message to everyone either starting out or claimed as a master at the art you pursue. Whether you’re good or bad at it, have others against you or with you, or have failed and try to abandon projects, never stop doing what you love and makes you happy. Stay confident and uplifting through it all, and the best will sure follow.

I wanted to contribute to Bitbuilt, whether I have info now or wanted to press for the future, but seeing the display over the past 2 weeks makes me think it is best to go back to what it was before I was known on here. Thanks to those for the constructive criticism and even those with harsh biased opinions. Either way, both will be used to help better myself, better future builds, and as inspiration to learn. This political mess should be behind us so we can get back to what we love to do, and I’m sorry to those that were negatively affected. Think of me as you wish.

Goodbye BitBuilt

last work log ever on here, and incomplete...nice.
Before anyone feels bad, check out this guy's profile page on E14. Oh wait, his account got deactivated, along with 18 other accounts that voted for him. He was disqualified from the contest and as a result did not receive the prize money he very likely could have won. Not to mention his contest video appears to have disappeared from YouTube. Hmm.

Our accusations of lying and cheating were clearly unfounded.

Farewell MillsDQ'd. May justice continue to perform as desired.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
The truth will always find a way to make itself known. Remember that.

Locking this thread because I know an easy target when I see one.

Status
Not open for further replies.