Mini Konami Arcade Documentation

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
Hey guys :) I recently got one of these tiny arcades as a Christmas present. It has a backlit lcd screen and Frogger installed. I was hoping that the lcds in these might be reusable, or that the game inside might be changed with a switch, so I opened it up to find out. Unfortunately, no exciting discoveries were made, but I felt I should post the pics somewhere in case anyone else was curious.

Sorry to disappoint, but the joystick is really a dpad and that tact switch on the board is just reset :P

20180115_214912.jpg 20180115_215204.jpg 20180115_220137.jpg 20180115_220201.jpg 20180115_221203.jpg 20180115_220523.jpg

Portables
sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) +e^(i*pi)
I'm not gonna lie, But the screen looks like a generic Pi/ariduino screen on Ebay, if you take closer pics(of the screen Rb, where all the stuff is), I can look if ya want.
even if it's not, doesn't look /hard/ to wire up.

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
I toyed around with the pac-man model at Walmart over the weekend. The screen looked nice and crisp, but it seemed to be static graphics that light up certain areas of the screen based on the in-game action, kind of like those old Tiger handhelds, just with better technology.

All in all, I’m really disappointed with these mini cabs. The screens might be Pi-friendly as Deo suggests and there’s no reason a true-to-arcade port of these retro games couldn’t be crammed onto a small board. At the very least, the mini cabs themselves would make for some fun project enclosures. But for the $20 these are retailing, I’d rather have some fun making my own from scratch.

Thanks for sharing the pics though, Madmorda!

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
I toyed around with the pac-man model at Walmart over the weekend. The screen looked nice and crisp, but it seemed to be static graphics that light up certain areas of the screen based on the in-game action, kind of like those old Tiger handhelds, just with better technology.

All in all, I’m really disappointed with these mini cabs. The screens might be Pi-friendly as Deo suggests and there’s no reason a true-to-arcade port of these retro games couldn’t be crammed onto a small board. At the very least, the mini cabs themselves would make for some fun project enclosures. But for the $20 these are retailing, I’d rather have some fun making my own from scratch.

Thanks for sharing the pics though, Madmorda!
Was this the pacman you were playing with? The one I have has a totally different screen. The frogger one is an actual tft lcd

20180116_120818.jpg 20180116_120815.jpg

Deo, I thought the same thing, so I looked up the model number marked on the lcd and couldn't find anything.

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
No, it was this one:

The screen is a bit better but the gameplay is pretty much on par with the one you posted, I assume.