Question Wii Game Black Screen (Yes I have a compatible USB drive)

Redownloaded the pack and extracted that nands folder. Still a blackscreen when starting neek2o. This is getting more and more complicated. Thank you for helping troubleshoot though.

Run again the hackmii installer and make sure to have bootmii installed as ios254
I ran hackmii installer and I reinstalled it. How do I know which ios it installs to? I got no option in hackmii installer v1.2.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I ran hackmii installer and I reinstalled it. How do I know which ios it installs to? I got no option in hackmii installer v1.2.
If you select to install it as IOS it will be installed on IOS254

Nobody has any ideas? :( I don't believe I did anything strange in the installation of it. I'm just very confused why this is happening, it's stopping me from even using this wii for a portable project.

biovirulent, did you ever figure this out? i keep running into it once i reach a large library of games. i think the drives load time may slow down a bit when its loaded up and doesnt boot neek fast enough and causes the wii to freeze. i am lost on it and am making a guess

Hello! I am having the same problem. I installed d2x previously and just installed portablizemii. I have disconnected my disc drive but have done no other modifications. Wii games lead to a black screen, but GC games load fine.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Hello! I am having the same problem. I installed d2x previously and just installed portablizemii. I have disconnected my disc drive but have done no other modifications. Wii games lead to a black screen, but GC games load fine.
What USB drive are you using? Have you copied the system conf from NAND to EMUNAND?

Fixed my problem! Appears that d2x was messing with portablizemii. I did a complete system format then reinstalled portablizemii and now everything works perfectly!

same issue here,
my emunand and wii game boot to a black screen

Last edited:
something simulators happening to me with USB loader and I think it might be the wii's fault(not configured correctly with pimp my wii) whatever the case I'll try to follow this thread in case it get's solved

Changing the region to japnese when download portablizemii will solve the problem, i met the same issue long time ago
I have the same problem,my Wii’s board is US,download Japanese portablizemii and reinstall it can fix it?