Question Wii Game Black Screen (Yes I have a compatible USB drive)

As the title suggests, my wii games boot with a black screen. My usb drive is 64 gb samsung.
Also, something strange happens in the loader list. Both files (the split .wbfs) files show up. The .wbfs, and .wbf1. My file structure is A-OK as the games show up fine. Tried both files from both SSBB and SMG.
Gamecube games work fine.
Any other troubleshooting help?

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Is this a trimmed Wii? Double check your BT module either way. Do emulators work?

You're right that your drive should be good, so I'd check those things.

All Wii Games? Could be a Software problem, did you installed everything needed for USB loading?

Is this a trimmed Wii? Double check your BT module either way. Do emulators work?

You're right that your drive should be good, so I'd check those things.
Not trimmed. Only disk drive removed. Have not tried emulators. BT module, I have not touched but I could take it apart and check if need be.

All Wii Games? Could be a Software problem, did you installed everything needed for USB loading?
I will recheck that, but I do remember following a guide for dx2 cios installation.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
What software are you running? Are you using portablizemii or other mods? PortablizeMii does not use d2x

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
PortablizeMii installs all the necessary things for basically everything for you. I'd uninstall the d2x stuff as it is likely interfering with the normal software.

PortablizeMii installs all the necessary things for basically everything for you. I'd uninstall the d2x stuff as it is likely interfering with the normal software.
Huh. Well all right. Not sure how i'd go about uninstalling it, but I will start up the installer itself and see.

Well, the installer itself doesn't have an uninstall capability as far as I can tell. So what now?

Shank

Staff member
Portables
D2X should not interfere with the process as far as I know, unless you installed them to weird IOS slots. @cheese or @Aurelio correct me if I'm wrong.

maybe trying another loader since you installed D2X already... im not a professional with PortablizeMii but maybe a regular installation of the USB Loader GX could work for you. @Shank D2X normally installs in 245-251 if he installed all of them

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
maybe trying another loader since you installed D2X already... im not a professional with PortablizeMii but maybe a regular installation of the USB Loader GX could work for you. @Shank D2X normally installs in 245-251 if he installed all of them
That won't help. PortablizeMii uses SNEEK and pizza magic. USBLoader will clutter up ioses and not solve the issue.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Eh, D2X shouldn't cause issues, especially if you installed it prior to running cheese installer. Only the solution we used will work if you have disconnected the disc drive, as all other USB loaders require the disc drive to be present. Try booting into the emunand, there should be a button to do that at the bottom of the screen.

Eh, D2X shouldn't cause issues, especially if you installed it prior to running cheese installer. Only the solution we used will work if you have disconnected the disc drive, as all other USB loaders require the disc drive to be present. Try booting into the emunand, there should be a button to do that at the bottom of the screen.
Button on the bottom of the screen... The buttons say About, Config, Next MP3, BitBuilt, Neek2o and Exit.
Is this a old version of portablizemii I'm running?

Ahhh... emunand is neek2o. Okay. Well that causes black screen. I think my problem just got bigger.

cheese

Staff member
Is your drive formatted to fat32 32kb clusters? If you didn't format it, it probably is not formatted correctly...

cheese

Staff member
Try deleting the nands folder on the flash drive and re extract it from the pack you downloaded. If you don't have the pack anymore, you can re-download it with any Mac address.

Try deleting the nands folder on the flash drive and re extract it from the pack you downloaded. If you don't have the pack anymore, you can re-download it with any Mac address.
Tried that just now, still get a black screen. Will try and redownload the pack.