Worklog Switch-alike Portable

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
That's the only problem I can see with owning a 3D printer. At first I'd be hung up on printing useless trinkets. Then once I try printing something like a case, I'd find something in the design I didn't like and end up with 5 scrapped prototypes. In the end I'd be too afraid of wasting filament that I'd never print anything ever again.

The alright part about that is that filament is relatively cheap, so failures and scrapped parts aren't awful on your wallet
That's right. Also the parts are rather lightweight. So these don't hurt my wallet that much :).
And I like the feeling and looks of the parts getting better every print. But that may be just me. You sure could handle it different ;)

Anyways. I printed the upper right controller part and it works like a charm! Will post pictures later though. I want to get the controller finished first.

Greetings from your pal in Germany :D

You're portable is so beautiful, it's definitely motivated me to get to work on my case.
That is awesome to hear ;)
I got another small update. Sadly I don't have much time to work on the project atm...
IMG_8140.JPG

The left one is not sanded yet. I will probably do this at the weekend. On this foto they look different in size, but I promise they are exactly the same size :D

I printed the front of the case with the carbon filament. Looks very good, although it is not so easy to capture it on a foto ._.
(It is matt)

IMG_8155.JPG

Final colors:

IMG_8162.JPG

And last but not least a small spoiler :D

IMG_8164.JPG

I will redo the frontglass... I am not happy with it. I know the case is not perfect, but all the bubbles on the screen are too much for my eyes :D

I got a small update. I hope the name is ok, I don't want to "steal" it ._.
WhatsApp Image 2017-08-05 at 19.37.34.jpeg

(I think there are currently 3 people who want this name (different style). I don't want to piss people off, but for me it is not a big deal. Maybe you got a different opinion)

Last edited:
Update for today.
The Case is now complete. I started to assemble all the necessary parts. But I did not screw the black parts together, so there is still a gap. And I couldn't avoid using some hot glue on this thing ._.
Still missing the GC+. Will probably continue the work tomorrow ;)
Enough talk, here are some pics:
IMG_8197.JPG
IMG_8198.JPG
IMG_8199.JPG
IMG_8200.JPG
IMG_8201.JPG

I like it :)

Last edited:

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Update for today.
The Case is now complete. I started to assemble all the necessary parts. But I did not screw the black parts together, so there is still a gap. And I couldn't avoid using some hot glue on this thing ._.
Still missing the GC+. Will probably continue the work tomorrow ;)
Enough talk, here are some pics:
View attachment 3805 View attachment 3806 View attachment 3807 View attachment 3808 View attachment 3809

I like it :)
I can't come up with the words to describe how cool that looks. This is going excellently!

Don't have much time atm... But I started soldering the battery and charging circuit. I also finished the frontglass. But it is not glued in yet.

1.jpg
2.jpg

I am happy with the result. Only thing in my mind is the ratio of the image of the screen... I will have to live with it though :/