Question ps2 motherboard trimming

can you teach me how to trim my ps2 motherboard? i will take a picture of it the model is scph 77006 its from japan so can u teach me? i know the trimming process is for model 79000 series but please take a look and can you guide me how many volts? i will upload the picture later after i disassembled my ps2

That board cant be trimmed to any significant degree

The Dragon chip is on the far end of the board under the disc drive, and even if it wasn't, the DSP and BIOS are.

This version was the last one before they realized how small they could make the motherboard, which gave rise to the 7900X, you'll note how little space is taken up even despite the use of the old DSP

Last edited:
That board cant be trimmed to any significant degree

The Dragon chip is on the far end of the board under the disc drive, and even if it wasn't, the DSP and BIOS are.

This version was the last one before they realized how small they could make the motherboard, which gave rise to the 7900X, you'll note how little space is taken up even despite the use of the old DSP

oh okay thank you but if i cant trim it, can i make it portable? i mean i will not trim the motherboard and i will find a bigger case and screen i think?then if i can make it portable can i keep the disc drive? even if i dont keep the disc drive can i use my free mcboot?

Yes you can absolutely make it portable. I was gonna use a 70011 before I switched back to the 79001. My plan for it was (and still is) to use an 8 inch 1024x768 screen and do it like an oversized PSP, but you could also go the other way, use a 5 inch screen and make it like an oversized gameboy, thoughts?

Last edited:
i will go for the 8 inch oversized psp hahaha but i dont know what the wiring is and it's my first time to make it portable haha can you teach me how or can you share your plan? haha well thanks btw

Yes you can absolutely make it portable. I was gonna use a 70011 before I switched back to the 79001. My plan for it was (and still is) to use an 8 inch 1024x768 screen and do it like an oversized PSP, but you could also go the other way, use a 5 inch screen and make it like an oversized gameboy, thoughts?

i will go for the 8 inch oversized psp hahaha but i dont know what the wiring is and it's my first time to make it portable haha can you teach me how or can you share your plan? haha well thanks btw but i i think the oversized gameboy is nice :)

I don't think there is any the most you can trim is the ground plane im pretty sure and maybe up to some of the ports if you really wanted it to be small

I don't think there is any the most you can trim is the ground plane im pretty sure and maybe up to some of the ports if you really wanted it to be small

im going to keep the motherboard as is and make it portable i guess do u have a guide or tutorial how to make it happen? just asking

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
There is no all encompacing guide on how to build a portable. You need to decide how you want to wire up sound, video, batteries, a controller, everything else mostly on your own. If you don't have any experience with soldering or electronics, do lots of research! Practice!

A good list of the parts we like to use can be found here.

Good luck!