Wii SP 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bakuku

Portables
@JacksonS

Cap off for you man!
This looks like an Amazing build. The way you used Flex cables and custom PCB's is beyond awesome, this makes assembling and disassembling so much easier. Not yo mention the screwposts. Will any hotglue enter this portable at all :p ?

Keep up the good work and please keep sharing!

Greets

JacksonS

Portables
Cap off for you man!
This looks like an Amazing build. The way you used Flex cables and custom PCB's is beyond awesome, this makes assembling and disassembling so much easier. Not yo mention the screwposts. Will any hotglue enter this portable at all :p ?
Thank you! With my current prototype, I can pop the 2 FFCs off and the two halves of the portable are separated, so that's really nice. It does make disassembling and repair a lot easier.

Unfortunately, yes, there's hot glue :D. I have to use it to hold down the boards that don't have screw posts, like the Wii remote or the Bluetooth module.

JacksonS

Portables
I made a little pinout diagram for this Wii remote so that I can interface with everything through the vias underneath the main IC.
Wii remote back.png

The Wii remote is all wired up, except for the accelerometer and some other things. The Classic Controller operates on the same I2C bus as the EEPROM, so I have to run multiple wires to the same place, which can get tricky on a scale this small.
20170610_171017.jpg

I also put together my status LED board. It contains an orange LED for charging and a red/blue bicolor LED for high/low battery indication. This is meant to mimic the 3DS.
20170611_103334.jpg

20170611_103521.jpg

Both LEDs are on in this picture. The blue LED has a fading effect, so it fades on or off when you press the power button. I used PWM on one of my microcontrollers to do that.
20170611_165428.jpg

JacksonS

Portables
This tiny board is an IR camera emulator for the Wii remote that interfaces with a touch screen. I only came up with the idea a few weeks ago, so it was a bit unplanned and I've had to wire it directly to the FFC connector. It operates on the same I2C bus as all the other Wii remote peripherals.
20170610_210834.jpg

Here's a little clip of what it can do. ;)

BocuD

Portables
This tiny board is an IR camera emulator for the Wii remote that interfaces with a touch screen. I only came up with the idea a few weeks ago, so it was a bit unplanned and I've had to wire it directly to the FFC connector. It operates on the same I2C bus as all the other Wii remote peripherals.
View attachment 2942

OMG This is amazing!! How can i get it, and what does it cost? If you will release it, anyway;)
Its amazing!

Last edited:

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
View attachment 2942

As I've already told you, I'm glad that something is moving in that direction. Your approach is pretty good, but it requires having an internal Wiimote, so for it's perfect for those planning on having one :)

Portables
0 for now
It's so ... perfect !! :D
The best thing is that you make a tutorial so that everyone can make it ... but I suspect that this is unlikely ^^ But I'm not discouraged, and I know I can make it happen! I would surely have a ton of questions when the project will have a little advanced! ^^ '

BocuD

Portables
You should really give the other contestants a chance ;)
Yeah, how are we supposed to win if your portable is so awesome? There is no way any of us (except for maybe @Aurelio with his Wiihud memes) will be able to beat you.
Still, that touchscreen, its so awesome...

Portables
0 for now
Do not be discouraged, dear friends beginers! :D
For my part it's especially that I love this concept, and I love the way of jackson to see things ^^

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Thanks! I don't know if/when I'll release it because it's definitely not perfect yet. I'd like to keep working on it and possibly make a new PCB.
If you release it, I will buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.