Nintendo TWiiLite(Spencer's WiiP)

Huh. Well. I hope this isn't the case for mine. I got the whole setup for 30 and it's the same seller as the 5"with hdmi in the BOM. They didn't advertised component. So I'll cross my fingers that it's ok... if I have to use composite I'll just have to deal with it I guess.

Edit: on another note, I've wired up usb, but it's having issues(at least I think usb is the problem). after like 1 minute PM just freezes up.

And on occasion, it gives me this message after the PM animation.
IMG_1866.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
The primary issue we had was that IT DOESN'T WORK. It refuses to accept component in. VGA doesn't work either, so our boards are basically just overpriced composite drivers.
My composite didn't even work lol. It senses an input but doesn't display anything. I also can't even get the menu to display.

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
I've gotten it before too. Try switching flash drives. If that doesn't work, try the other port

So I've tried a deifferent flashdrive(the samsung, which works with all my other wiis), tried the other port, tried some different USB ports and I'm still getting the same problem. Any other suggestions? I don't really want to trim another Wii, but it's looking like that's what I might have to do. Everything was working fine before the trim with the same USB. So I don't know what the deal is.

Portables
sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) +e^(i*pi)
So I've tried a deifferent flashdrive(the samsung, which works with all my other wiis), tried the other port, tried some different USB ports and I'm still getting the same problem. Any other suggestions? I don't really want to trim another Wii, but it's looking like that's what I might have to do. Everything was working fine before the trim with the same USB. So I don't know what the deal is.
Have you tried re-wiring it? making sure nothing is touching?
If the light turns on, on the usb drive, it should be the wii, or the wiring.

So, I ended up cutting up another Wii because I couldn't ever get usb working on my other one. I have both USB ports wired up on this one and they're working great. Sadly, in having a problem with my Bluetooth now. It's "working", syncing with remotes and all that, but there's quite a bit of lag. And when I get about 5 feet away, the wiimote turns off like it's out of range or just won't register any button presses. I've rewired it like 5 times now, I've changed the data wires to larger and smaller wires, and even switched out the whole module for another... but nothing has helped significantly. I've attached a picture. Sorry about the sloppiness. It did look much more pretty when I first wired it up and once it's working, I'll make it look neater. Also, the data wires are not shorted to one another and neither and shorted to ground. Any suggestions??

Attachments

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Are those naked wires? I don't see enamel on those.

Soooooo the problem wasn't that I didn't have enough ground, it's that I had no ground... I checked for continuity between all my wires and my ground from my regs to Wii had no continuity. So that was annoying. But I'm glad I found it sooner than later. So once I fixed that, my wii booted! :D now that that's all figured out, I can get the ball rolling!

Also, my screen came in the mail today and I'm very pleased with it. It looks crisp, runs on 5v, and is pretty darn thin!
View attachment 2528
Hey, you have the same board and screen as me, lol

So I finished up my case. It's pretty simple and far from perfect, but I'm really happy with the way it turned out considering it was my first experience with CAD. I used autodesk 123D Design which I read was pretty good for beginners. After messing with it a little and watching some youtube videos, I got the hang of most of the simple things. I would definitely recommend it for beginners like myself! I created all of my internals like batteries and the motherboard in 3d to make sure they would all fit. So theoretically I have room for everything(including room for all the wires), so we'll see. The case's dimensions at its largest points are 200x100x36mm(7.874x3.937x1.417 in.). So while its nowhere near as pocketable as @Shank 's PiiWii Pocket or @Gman 's Wiiboys, it will be mostly pocketable with a larger pocket, which makes me happy because my first portable is really thick.

Top:
The two holes towards the top are for the IR LEDs. at the bottom are screen controls, as well as volume up and down, sync, reset, and the button for the battery indicator of my battery pack. The rest of the buttons and holes are pretty self-explanatory.

upload_2017-5-31_19-25-25.png

The Bottom:
On the left are the slits for the 3 battery level indicator LEDs. In the middle is the hole for the camera accessory screw post. To the right is a spot for a switch, headphone jack, and two usb ports.

upload_2017-5-31_19-51-30.png

The top:
L, R & Z buttons. Micro usb charging port, Stock wii AV out port, 7-pin DIN port for a breakout box, fan outtake vent, and spots for switches.
upload_2017-5-31_20-0-51.png

Inside:
upload_2017-5-31_20-2-56.png

Back:
upload_2017-5-31_20-4-35.png