Question Screen for Wii portable

So I was trying to put rhe ribbon cable on my screen board but the thing snapped of.. is there a way I can fix this problem?

Attachments

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond

:(

Most of the time as long as it's not broken they can just snap back in

Have you tried that yet?
Yea I've tried seems pretty hard though, probably will have to borrow tweezers

Tell em it broke in shipping, see if they will send another
Ha, I actually got this screen a while back, never planned on using it until now. Is there any board like this one online?

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
You can cut a piece of cardstock or something like that to hold the ribbon in maybe. Glue all that shit down once it's working, never touch it again.

You can cut a piece of cardstock or something like that to hold the ribbon in maybe. Glue all that shit down once it's working, never touch it again.
Itll still work if I hot glue it?

Lol, I just really don't want to go through the hassle of buying a new screen. Maybe I'll try to contact the seller for a new board.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
One of mine did that. I raged at it after failing to reattach it and just used liberal 90 second epoxy. Damn FFC connectors are really fragile sometimes.

One of mine did that. I raged at it after failing to reattach it and just used liberal 90 second epoxy. Damn FFC connectors are really fragile sometimes.
I raged at it too god dammit!

Portables
sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) +e^(i*pi)
you could try to put it in there, and then hot-glue the crap out of it

Noah

retired
Portables
Yeah if the ribbon is making contact with the pins correctly it should work. As long as you can get a picture on the LCD when you hold it in there you should be fine. Don't use hot glue through.

My advice is to stick it in, put two dabs of hot glue in the corners to hold it in place and verify that it works like that, then cover the entire thing in epoxy. Hot glue is great for some things but if the inside of your case has poor airflow and the glue reach a high enough temperature to soften, the cable could move and lose contact with one of the pads.

Epoxy must reach a higher temp to soften so it's probably the better choice in this scenario.