Question Onboard regulators

Are you just going to remove the components? Also one of them is the U10 which is vital for the wii to boot

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Are you just going to remove the components? Also one of them is the U10 which is vital for the wii to boot
That component inside the red is not U10, and is required to remove anyway if you are relocating U10 to take advantage of the solder pads

Oh so if I am trimming my board I don't need that? Also How many regulators do I need to buy?

I think I might have caused some confusion and I'm sorry about that. If you are trimming the board you don't necessarily have to remove all those components unless you want to test to see if your board boots with the regulators. Once you trim the board you get rid of the components then wire up the regulators based on the guide. You will need four PTH08080s there's also a regulator guide that tells you how to set up the regulators

I think I might have caused some confusion and I'm sorry about that. If you are trimming the board you don't necessarily have to remove all those components unless you want to test to see if your board boots with the regulators. Once you trim the board you get rid of the components then wire up the regulators based on the guide. You will need four PTH08080s there's also a regulator guide that tells you how to set up the regulators
Thanks

That component inside the red is not U10, and is required to remove anyway if you are relocating U10 to take advantage of the solder pads
Were you okay with me using your image? I can take it down if you want.