The Nintendo Switch... Thoughts?

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Personally, I'm just going to wait until summer to get one. I preordered the new Zelda, so I don't have a reason to get one until Splatoon 2.

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
I read (Ubergizmo) that the grip controller isn't anything more than a hunk of plastic that holds the JoyCon controllers (I'm still pretty meh on that name). I understand cutting corners to reduce cost, but I think everyone was hoping it would be able to charge the JoyCons. Guaranteed there will updated grip controllers that can charge the JoyCons. Don't know if Nintendo will do it or not, but I'm sure a couple of 3rd parties will.

That's my other main concern, I'm gonna pay for the pre-order and end up not having enough by the time it gets around to actually releasing
That's what the make credit cards for... you have to build that credit somehow.

On the note of the odd colors I agree it looks ugly with the red and blue combo, that's why I ordered the grey one.
Also, there are definitely going to be price scalpers since Nintendo's consoles aren't RoHS complaint (I believe this is why... damn lead) and they won't be able to keep up with the demand.

Portables
3/4
Yeah, not big on the multi color JoyCons... or the name either. After looking last night I can't find anywhere to preorder anymore anyway, even going to Nintendo's website everywhere says it's not available, (don't see where you can do a preorder anyway) so I guess that makes my decision for me, lol!!