Worklog WiiVision Build

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Oh in that case I think the wiring might be OK then.

Tron

But how can I get past the last stage of the Stick Wizard so I can remap the x-axis for the two sticks?

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
I'm not sure what's going on. @Aurelio could the config be failing due to the low movement range of the switch sticks? Maybe you can hook Tron up with custom firmware that has the ranges mapped already.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
It looks like I might need to reduce the threshold in the configurator. I can do that tomorrow most likely

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Looks really good!

Btw the GC+ power wires can use 32awg. The small pads can break off quite easily if you solder larger wire to it. In general the boards are designed so larger pads, you use thicker wire, and smaller pads, thinner wire.

Tron

Thanks. I’ll replace them with smaller gauge wires.

StonedEdge

a.k.a. ClonedEdge
Portables
Thanks, Aurelio!

In the meantime, I've been trying to cleaning up my wiring to the GC+. I 3D designed and View attachment 13990printed some wire guides to keep the neat and in place.
Wow, those wire guides are super simple and yet so effective to keep the wiring neat. Can’t wait to see the final internals of this one. Keep up the good work!

Tron

I just completed my build of the WiiVision.

IMG_1603.jpgIMG_1602.jpgIMG_1599.jpgIMG_1598.jpg

It runs both GameCube and Wii games beautifully. I relocated the MX chip and the CR2032 battery is tucked away underneath the USB breakout board. This is my first portable and I tried to keep the wiring neat and solder points clean. But there's still a lot of room for improvement.

In addition to the standard components, I designed and printed various wire guides and designed a Wii breakout board, inspired by and based on, loopj's Wii breakout board. I want to thank all the people on this forum who have shared their knowledge and experience. In particular, I want to thank Gman and Aurelio for their guidance and support.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Congrats! Looks great! I would reccommend putting some kapton tape on the batteries to prevent the tact switch legs on the front from scratching through the coating as you can see one of them is already a little ripped.

Tron

Thanks, Gman. I’ll put some kapton tape on the batteries. On a related note, if you are talking about the nick on the right battery, that’s actually from accidentally touching it with my soldering iron. ☹

Hello! how did you put a + and - buttons (as well as I assume 1 and 2) buttons?