Guide Wii Working Currents

The Next Guy

Sun Dried Cases
Portables
Melted in the Sun
So I was looking for information on how much current a Wii draws on each voltage line. I was on discord talking to Aurelio trying to figure it out when he shared a link to Cheese's notes on the difference current draws. Below are the maximum Amps drawn by each voltage line.

| Volts | Amps ·| Watts |
—————————————————————————
| 3.30V | 0.66A | 1.98W |
| 1.15V | 1.53A | 1.53W |
| 1.00V | 1.80A | 2.07W |

EDIT: Seems like the watt calcs were kinda off

| Volts | Amps ·| Watts |
—————————————————————————
| 3.30V | 0.66A | 2.18W |
| 1.15V | 1.53A | 1.76W |
| 1.00V | 1.80A | 1.80W |

Credits to cheese

Last edited:

mokus

I'm sorry, this is an oldish thread but I was looking at it for reference and have a question.

Does the 3.3v line here indicate current drawn with the original 1.8V regulator still in place? And if so, does anyone happen to have information on the maximum current draw of the 3.3v and 1.8v rails when they are independent?

Shank

Staff member
Portables
These numbers were measured by me, and written down by Cheese as I read them aloud to him over voice chat. I performed the measurement with the 1.8v rail running on LDO. I performed a test powering the 1.8v rail directly, but I don't know where I saved those numbers. I do remember though that the LDO burns somewhere around half a watt of heat. Here are some measurements ShockSlayer performed a while back.

mokus

Thanks, that’s enough context for my current need - just need to ensure the power connector I select for my flex board can handle the current, so an order of magnitude is good.