Worklog Wii Micro Build

Welp it seems like now would be a good time to start this work log!
after about a year of searching around the forums and and looking for a first build to do, i finally decided to make a noldtendowii micro while i wait for my Gboy kit to ship!
After about 3 weeks of researching documentation and asking questions i got on digikey to buy the right parts and they came today! I'm just waiting on the 6 layer wii i ordered to arrive as well as getting the case 3d printed. I have already reached out to @Noah to have the case printed and i can't wait to see the result!

Last edited:
Well today I decided I’d Start to wire up My voltage regulators, and it was a pain in the butt. I got all 4 done but the first was a real learning curve (guess which one it is lol). I’m glad I got them done as I’m happy I was able to do them, but with @Gman s pms and psu I doubt I’ll ever do them again. Once I get my print in I’ll wire all my input output and ground wires, and Ill hack and trim my wii when it arrives.

Attachments

Nold

real emulation, no hardware
Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
Well today I decided I’d Start to wire up My voltage regulators, and it was a pain in the butt. I got all 4 done but the first was a real learning curve (guess which one it is lol). I’m glad I got them done as I’m happy I was able to do them, but with @Gman s pms and psu I doubt I’ll ever do them again. Once I get my print in I’ll wire all my input output and ground wires, and Ill hack and trim my wii when it arrives.
Ayy, these look horrible! This is how i did my latest ones [and those are quick & 'dirty']:

DSCF9775.JPG

Also you could use the 3D printed holder i made for the miicro, which helps. or the pads on the back of the pth.

Ayy, these look horrible! This is how i did my latest ones [and those are quick & 'dirty']:

View attachment 14066

Also you could use the 3D printed holder i made for the miicro, which helps. or the pads on the back of the pth.
Lol I can’t tell if it’s sarcasm or if I need to whip out the solder braid...
I do plan on using the reg holder and will end up wiring my input output and ground to the back. Idk for a first build I am pretty happy even though they don’t look necessary pretty

Last edited:

Nold

real emulation, no hardware
Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
I'm just scared of the long leads of the caps, they might short out to something.

at this point you’re better off cutting the legs and re soldering lol
Idk I want to see how they look in the case before I do anything. I’ll just have to be cautious not to let them short anything. If its to much of a hassle I’ll either re solder them or put shrink tube on, but I don’t want to do anything until I see how they look in the case