Question Wii inside wii u tablet?

gwippy

Has anyone done it? I saw a wii u tablet can be made to play retropie Wouldn't it require mostly the same parts? Maybe just 3d print a new back plate to add space + add more power due to the retropie n64 playing For 3 hours off 2 batterys. As the wii u tablet already has the controllers built in and parts are so easy to get incase buttons break or screen. Ive been thinking of doing this or if not a wii inside, possibly a different console inside? If anyone knows anything or any guides For this would help me alot., if wii wont fit could i atleast put a Gamecube inside the wii tablet, hopefully theres a guide For that

Last edited:

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
This comes up a lot. Some people have tried it but nobody has finished. Not as easy as seems as the wii u gamepad is too thin.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Has anyone done it? I saw a wii u tablet can be made to play retropie Wouldn't it require mostly the same parts? Maybe just 3d print a new back plate to add space + add more power due to the retropie n64 playing For 3 hours off 2 batterys. As the wii u tablet already has the controllers built in and parts are so easy to get incase buttons break or screen. Ive been thinking of doing this or if not a wii inside, possibly a different console inside? If anyone knows anything or any guides For this would help me alot., if wii wont fit could i atleast put a Gamecube inside the wii tablet, hopefully theres a guide For that
This comes up a lot. Some people have tried it but nobody has finished. Not as easy as seems as the wii u gamepad is too thin.
To clarify, no-one has finished a Wii-U gamepad portable without expanding out the back of the case. We have seen a couple of completed builds where people stuck a plastic project box over the battery compartment door and widened the hole to buy a bit more space, but so far no unaltered case builds. There just isn't enough vertical space inside unless you de-lid the CPU & GPU and do some super flat custom cooling setup, relocate a heap of capacitors, and power the system off flat lipo cells. It's definitely possible, but it's not a beginner friendly project. I'd do a G-Wii or a G-Boy first and work your way up.