What Micro SD and Size

Just purchased a g boy kit and am gathering additional supplies. I know the bbloader can be picky with sd cards. Is there a community go to for this? And also what size is recommended to store all the games and home brew files?
Thanks in advance!

Miceeno

2020 3rd Place Winner
Portables
SAMSUNG.

I fought a 3 different SanDisks for a week before trying a Samsung. I'm 2 for 2 successful with Samsung cards.

CrashBash

No emulation, real hardware
Staff member
From what I've seen BBLoader should be more "iffy" about the USB adapter used, but the G-Boy kit comes with the recommended adapter so you don't have to worry there.

Beyond that, I can second the recommendation of Samsung. Their flash media just works and is cheap on Amazon. The Evo+ and Evo Select models are identical. The Green/white Evo Select is just an Amazon exclusive. If you're in the US at least you can grab a 128GB evo select for $20 with prime. I, and others, can certify its compatibility.

When it comes to size remember that you'll be able to take games off and on with the USB-C port, so you can swap when you want easily. Sizes of games vary but how big of SD you want really comes down to what library of games you want to carry around. 64/128's are cheap and 256 is probably WAY overkill for 99% of people. Others can probably provide better insight on the average size of GC/Wii games.

Also it looks like you're newish here. Welcome! If you're using an adblocker, you most likely can't see the Amazon link I added.

Last edited:
From what I've seen BBLoader should be more "iffy" about the USB adapter used, but the G-Boy kit comes with the recommended adapter so you don't have to worry there.

Beyond that, I can second the recommendation of Samsung. Their flash media just works and is cheap on Amazon. The Evo+ and Evo Select models are identical. The Green/white Evo Select is just an Amazon exclusive. If you're in the US at least you can grab a 128GB evo select for $20 with prime. I, and others, can certify its compatibility.

When it comes to size remember that you'll be able to take games off and on with the USB-C port, so you can swap when you want easily. Sizes of games vary but how big of SD you want really comes down to what library of games you want to carry around. 64/128's are cheap and 256 is probably WAY overkill for 99% of people. Others can probably provide better insight on the average size of GC/Wii games.

Also it looks like you're newish here. Welcome! If you're using an adblocker, you most likely can't see the Amazon link I added.

I was under the impression that you could only go up to 32 gigs since BB loader only supported FAT32. How do you configure a larger card?