Worklog "Tool64" my first Portable ever!!!

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Have you checked all the voltage lines in another spot that is connected on the board? Also, you have the jumper pack and a game in when you're trying to get video, correct?

Have you checked all the voltage lines in another spot that is connected on the board? Also, you have the jumper pack and a game in when you're trying to get video, correct?
I have checked the voltage. I am going to clean up the soldered point and then wire audio and video to the chip next. Yurusenai has been helpful and he has been chatting with my privately on some options but hopefully I can fix it soon. The CPU warms up when I turn the switch on so that seems hopeful!

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
Still no video unfortunately :(.
Honestly all this soldering here looks not good at all. I wouldn't trust any of those joints. Hard to tell really if anything is bridging so a complete redo of everything here might help.

A few other things that come to mind, it's probably possible to plug in the jumper/expansion pak in backwards with the case off so make sure it's not something silly like that. Also I've always found it takes a few reseats in and out and a few power cycles on/off to get the paks to register and the games to load.