Worklog The C-Wii

Kaos03

After months of questions research and ordering parts I’m finally starting on my Wii portable the C-wii. It’s just a G-Wii rev 2 but my name starts with a C so I changed the name a bit. I printed the case a few months ago but over time I started to not like the print I dremeled the y button hole to much and so I covered it with duct tape and painted it, and I drilled some of the screw holes too wide and the screws didn’t screw in. But now all of the problems are fixed with the new print. I’ve already put in the d-pad, c stick, shoulder buttons, screen, screen controls, usb-c, pms boards, and the cooling kit some parts block others so I’m waiting to put those in and I’m also waiting for more parts like the Wii, led, and wires. Sorry for the long post. P.S the last 4 pictures are the original case.

Update: I got my wire and I’m going to add a picture of it now I’m just waiting to get the Wii and the led. And I don’t want to start until I get everything. Side note will that be enough wire for the entire thing

Attachments

Last edited:

Kaos03

I got my led pipe but it didn’t come with a pcb
Where do I get the pcb

Last edited:

Kaos03

i tried to install portablize mii but it says nowifi wads couldnt be found and IOS 36-64-v3608.wad cant be found on the usb
edit: now it seems like i can almost get to the portablizemii menu but right at the last step there is an error and it sends me back the the homebrew channel and when i try again what i said above happens

Last edited:

Kaos03

Where do I put the games and wbfs folders in my usb
Also when I’m in the BBLoader menu I can’t press any buttons it’s just a grey screen the says gc games

Last edited:

Kaos03

I’m stuck on this screen on the BBLoader and I can’t do anything do I just have to trim it now

Attachments

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
That's the gcgame menu. Use the c stick on controller to switch to other menus. Looks like you might just not have any games on your USB or they arent formatted correctly.

Kaos03

ive tried to put games on my wii before i trim it with bbloader but i cant get games on it i looked at the compatibility list and got verbatim usb drive because i couldnt find a the samsung drive and the kingston shipping is gonna take a while so what am I doing wrong with the verbatim drive because my file setup matches the file format guide

CrashBash

No emulation, real hardware
Staff member
It appears you have the game compressed in an archive. Place the actual image in the folder instead, like I have here:
harvest moon.PNG

I also believe the file needs to be named game.iso, but I don't remember.
Edit: Yes, use the format USB:/games/Name of game [GameID]/game.iso

Kaos03

It appears you have the game compressed in an archive. Place the actual image in the folder instead, like I have here:
View attachment 12976
I also believe the file needs to be named game.iso, but I don't remember.
Edit: Yes, use the format USB:/games/Name of game [GameID]/game.iso
Thanks
Edit: it worked

Last edited:

Kaos03

my batteries are giving off 3.55volts but the pads on the pms and usbc dont give off anything what could be wrong