Discussion Teensy 3.2 use in a Playstation 2 portable

Is this worth investing time into?

• Yes

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Absolutely not

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Kells

I've been looking into incorporating a Teensy within my PlayStation 2 project as it would allow me to incorporate many features. The most important feature would be the ability to use it as a controller. I am aware of PS+ but I also wanted to use this microcontroller because with the raspberry pi it can connect a PlayStation 3 controller wirelessly. Since the Raspberry pi is already used for SMB sharing I figured it would be nice to be able to add Bluetooth functionality to the project. I have two posts that a fairly old at this point which is what has stumped me and I have even had to use the Way back machine to access some of the links. Adding a teensy would also add lots of other functionality to the portable including the use of temperature sensors within the build to control the fan speed. I am a freshman Computer engineering major so I have a fairly limited understanding of the full project but if someone who has more experience could help make it work that would be fantastic for the community. While writing this I have found other ways to use Bluetooth but with not full functionality.

Sorry for the essay but if this anyone this would be viable for a ps2 portable please let me know or if ps+ would be a more beneficial investment.

https://www.ps2-home.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=135&p=101&hilit=Teensy#p101

https://procrastineering.blogspot.com/2010/12/simulated-ps2-controller-for.html

I also figured that this would be useful to have within the build as with a flip of a switch and the swap of an sd card the portable could then be running emulation on the raspberry pi.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Honestly this sounds pretty neat, you may be able to use some of the PS+ code with the teensy, and maybe send inputs through usb->serial or something if you connect via bluetooth

Kells

I might take a look at that code as they are both written in C. I'm going to have to put a lot of work into it and a lot of online research.

Students of all academic levels, whether college or university, are often faced with the challenge of finding a college assignments help . What is the purpose of laboratory work? To write a laboratory report, a student must conduct research ... for me personally, this is something cosmically heavy. That's why..! If you went through this hell, and you succeeded, write to me!

I've also been researching a project similar to what you're doing, but I don't know programming language so I gave up, I don't have the patience for the codes, but I found a project similar to this one, I'm sending you the link here, maybe it will be useful.

I've also been researching a project similar to what you're doing, but I don't know programming language so I gave up, I don't have the patience for the codes, but I found a project similar to this one, I'm sending you the link here, maybe it will be useful.

Thanks I have a teensy 2 so will give it a try!