[SOLD] GameCube Portable (GameCube SPITE)

Portables
Wii Laptop V2.0, GameCube SPITE
Hello all! I am selling my beloved portable, the GameCube SPITE. This is the second portable I've made, and the first one I've put up for sale. Below is a link to the full details of this project, as well as all my work logs as I was building it.

Completed Thread: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-gamecube-spite.2494/#post-30896
Work Logs: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/gamecube-portable-let-the-games-begin.2175/

Asking Price is $400.00 USD. My original asking price was $600, but I decided that is a tad steap, due to the nature of this portable. Because of some of the play limitations (such as the lack of a D pad), and other things described below, this is really more of a collectors item that you might use to show off to friends/family. It isn't really meant to be played for hours day in and day out, more so just every once in awhile to show it off. Due to this, I thought $600 was a bit steep. If you have any trades or anything in mind as well, shoot my a message.

I am only shipping to the US because I don't want to risk the package getting damaged if it has to travel oversees.

Included in this sale:
1x GameCube Portable System
1x Battery Charger
1x OEM GameCube Power Supply

Here is a summary of the features and need to know stuff if you are interested in buying it:

Features:
Rev C DOL-101 GameCube board
30mm 1 Watt speakers x2
5V intake fan
12V exhaust fan
12V, 3000mAh Battery (Approx. 45 minutes of battery life)
1 Original GameCube controller build in, no D pad. Start, L, R, and Z use buttons from a logitech USB controller
5" LCD screen, 800x480 resolution, with 3 buttons for LCD controls and adjustment
Original GameCube disc drive
Build in 59 block memory card
Charging Port for Battery
Compatible with original GameCube Power supply (included in sale) as alternative to batteries
Volume up and down control
Disc Drive open/close button (to simulate the disc drive opening and closing)
On/Off button for battery and separate on/off button for the GameCube
2 power LEDs, 1 to indicate the battery is turned on/power supply connected, and another to indicate if the GameCube is turned on
Battery level indicator (5 LEDs to indicate level)

Things worth noting for potential buyers:
  1. As stated, this is my first sale, so know that I don't have any selling rep yet. I have bought stuff here, and I have established myself as a legit member of the community, but I just want to be up front that I don't have a selling history, so make sure you are comfortable with that. That being said, I will be as accommodating and reasonable as possible to make the buying experience as pleasurable as possible :)
  2. The battery life is only about 45 minutes. The battery takes about 6 hours to charge up to 100%. In addition the battery has to be turned ON to charge. The charger doesn't supply enough power to charge and play at the same time, although it will keep the battery from discharging as quickly.
  3. Due to the limitation of charging and playing at the same time, I included a port so you can use the original GameCube power supply as an alternative to the batteries if you have a wall outlet available. This won't help you if you don't have access to any outlets, but it is an option if you want to play after the battery dies. You can't charge the battery while using the GameCube power supply, however.
  4. There is no D-Pad. While many games will be unaffected by this, it will limit the ability to play some games. Just keep that in mind.
  5. The "B" button is slightly less responsive than the other buttons. You don't have to mash it hard or anything, but if you very lightly press it, it might not register that you pressed it. This is a very minor thing, however, and most players probably won't even notice it. But in case you tend to play lightly on the controller, I wanted to make sure I mentioned it.
  6. Due to the way the controller was built in to the housing, it isn't going to be as sturdy as a normal GameCube controller. So, this should go without saying, but if you are a hard button masher, chances are eventually the controller will break. It is by no means fragile, but if you are too rough with it, it will break. Just don't man handle it :)
  7. This only plays original GameCube discs. It won't play backup discs, and it won't play any games from an SD card or USB drive. ONLY GameCube discs.
  8. There is no Disc drive cover, but there is a switch that simulates opening the cover in case you play a game with multiple discs like Resident Evil 4 and need to switch game discs during gameplay.
  9. EDIT: Also, because the original Disc Drive design was meant for a stationary system, moving around too much when playing can sometimes cause a disc read error. Usually flipping on and then off for the disc drive cover will fix this, but in the rare case that it doesn't, resetting the system will fix it.
  10. EDIT: Forgot to mention, the L and R aren't dual tact, only the "click" function works, where you press the trigger all the way down. While this won't affect many games, some games (like Sonic Adventure 2) will lose some functionality (specifically the ability to rotate the camera in SA 2, for example).
That pretty much covers all the PSA's. Here are some pictures of it:
1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG 8.JPG 9.JPG 10.JPG 11.JPG 12.JPG 13.JPG 14.JPG 15.JPG

EDIT 2: Lowered price, see top of post.

EDIT 3: This item is no longer for sale.

Last edited:

Tyson9

Would you like to trade the portable for a hardmodded nintendo switch? it has custom firmware on it.