Question Snes and nes classic portable

I would like to turn my NES classic and snes classic into portables.
I seen alot of portable DVD players on Ebay with hdmi. Could these be used for the screen?
Would love to hear suggestion on how to split up the buttons and control pad to each side of a housing.
Also has anyone found a power supply that will allow for charging while the snes classic or nes classic is being played on.

If anyone has pictures or a like to a build of these, I would greatly appreciate it.

My first thought was that given the size of the PCB's, you could have them both in one unit.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
The real appeal of the NES/SNES classic consoles is their plug and play nature, and the cute formfactor they come in. If you are going to be modding it and setting it up anyway, a raspberry pi bases portable would be a far more versatile and inexpensive portable. It also should be a lot easier due to the the wide abundance of parts and documentation for the Pi.

As for putting both a NES and SNES classic in a portable, that's completely redundant. The NES and SNES classic use the same board, but run different software. You can hack one to be the other, and even make them run games from both systems, and even other emulators. Even still, a RasPi would be a more versatile machine.

If your end goal is just to play NES and SNES games in a portable system in the easiest, and most effective way possible, modding a new 3DS is probably your best bet. They run really well, and the control scheme is a perfect match.