Screen video issues

Zach

After installing my wii into the G-boy I am getting no signal to the screen. I have checked everything with the meter and I have good connections but still no signal. I tried changing the signal and the screen would flash but that’s it. It seems like the backlight I plugged in my DVD player and I got signal right away so I know the power lines to the screen are correct and that the screen itself works.

I bought a pre-trimmed wii from Cheese so I’m sure that is not the issue either.

I have connectivity for ground on the wii to ground on the screen board, I have connectivity between the screen video and the wii video lines. I also have connectivity between the pad I used for the video and the resister in the pic so I know I have the video on the wii itself. I have checked power and ground to the wii and everything is correct voltage...

What else can I check/do?

Attachments

Zach

I have only tried composite, the wires for VGA where done by Cheese when he trimmed the wii, they are not hooked up to the screen just the wii. I wanted to make sure that the wii worked before I wired more.

Noah

retired
Portables
Check and see if it happens on everything including games. You can reseat the FFC cable on the screen, it's possible it wiggled loose during shipping. It could also just be interference on the composite line, I often see artifacts all the time when using random wires for composite.