Question Reset switch wiring

Zach

First off sorry if this is answered in another thread but I couldn’t find the answer... This is my first portable and it was working about 10 min ago until I decided to trim some more off the motherboard per this guid https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/trimming-your-n64-revs-1-4.52/ now it will only display a black screen. The pic is how far I trimmed along the right side above the reset switch (the only part I trimmed more on) I believe I need to wire a bypass to the reset but I’m not sure.... I would like to keep the reset is at all possible as I want to run a everdrive with this portable.

so my question is does anyone know where to wire a new reset switch or a link to another guild that would tell me?

Attachments

E64

Portables
It's right below C140 that pin that has number 15 above it that's the actual pin to the rest button

Zach

Ok so I got the N64 to boot again after adding a 2k resistor to pin eight of the PIF but the reset switch still isn’t working...

I wired it so the right side is connected and the left connects when the tact switch it pushed but it still doesn’t reset the N64.

Any ideas on what to check?

Attachments

E64

Portables
It should've worked just try solder two wires onto the tactics switch 1 to the reset pin and 1 to ground