Question Removing LDO

Hey so I have been following the trim guide and yeah I am a noobie but that is ok because I have a lot of Wiis to mess up on.
So I am using the 4 layer board and I got to the part with removing the heat sink. Now first of all I found out that my solder iron sucks: the tip does not even get very hot, just the sides.
Second of all in the video that says how to do it "Without hot air" I think I messed up. He says to grind down until I see metal. I think I did it way too much lol
20200920_155400.jpg

So I tried just heating the top of and trying to the LDO off... That thing will not lift. D : Is there any other tip?

Now I ALSO have another question:

20200920_155352.jpg

I avoided sanding much. I just did some 150 paper sanding on an angle for a bit. Nothing too special because I wanted to make sure the device comes om before I sand and such. So based on what is shown here.... Did I ruin the cut? I think I did because put tape around the maker line but.... It was accidentally on the wrong side so I am super close to the marker. Is my Wii done for? And is that LDO going to ome out? I can find absolutely no information regarding removing and LDO other than that video which I have many questions about as is. And help is appreciated.

Last edited:
P.S. Also I know I ruined the board on the back with all of the damage: My Dremel has a really THICK cutter... I didn't realize I had a thinner one until way after I cut but... Not sure how fatal those markings are.