Quick question about the BBloader

AlphaJ

Hi, I already took apart my Wii and letter bombed it. I installed homebrew, but I didn't install the BB loader. I was wondering if that was a problem as it sounded like I did everything I needed to based on the instructions. Thank you.

AlphaJ

Dang does that mean I have to put the wii back together?!

AlphaJ

I apologize for all the questions, but I'm confused. I have stripped it down to the motherboard, but I can actually still use it as a regular wii?? I know the motherboard contains power and video. I'm obviously not familiar with this, sorry!

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I apologize for all the questions, but I'm confused. I have stripped it down to the motherboard, but I can actually still use it as a regular wii?? I know the motherboard contains power and video. I'm obviously not familiar with this, sorry!
Just make sure to have the WiFi and Bluetooth module plugged in and you're good to go

AlphaJ

Dude you should've of seen my reaction to my Wii still turning on. I never knew you can do that. Im looking forward to what mind blowing things the community will teach me when my gboy finally comes. I have a habit of asking a lot of questions so I apologize in advance lol

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Dude you should've of seen my reaction to my Wii still turning on. I never knew you can do that. Im looking forward to what mind blowing things the community will teach me when my gboy finally comes. I have a habit of asking a lot of questions so I apologize in advance lol
It's alright, better ask to be sure before doing mistakes

AlphaJ

Hey, I've ran into a few more problems and questions this morning. I was wondering if I needed to install all of my games before I trim. I also was curious if I can use a bigger sd card for my Gboy. Finally homebrew doesn't show anything on the bubble menu. I have downloaded the bbloaded onto my card. It is in fat13. Thank you!

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
The drive must be formatted in FAT32, preferably using this tool http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm and specifying 32768 bytes (32k) cluster size. Also make sure that you copy BBLoader on your USB drive (or microSD to use with the adapter) and that you don't have any SD card in Wii's front SD slot.
Also no, you don't need to copy the games before trimming. You only need to install BBLoader selecting "Yes" to both options in the installer (to patch out WiFi and enable VGA). Follow carefully the steps here: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/bbloader-v1-0-beta.3564/

AlphaJ

I still cant find the bb loader on the wii homebrew. I'm not sure if i'm missing some files or what i'm doing wrong so I just took this screenshot. Thank you.
Screenshot (3).png

MP3

Portables
You need to take the "apps" and the "bbloader" folder from inside the "BBLoader_v1.1" folder and put those at the root of your USB drive. It should look like this:
1596926936216.png

AlphaJ

Okay cool, I got it installed and got to the point where it says GC games. I assume I'm ready to roll onto the trimming. Does this mean I can start downloading roms onto the same card or can I use a different/larger card? Thanks guys!

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Okay cool, I got it installed and got to the point where it says GC games. I assume I'm ready to roll onto the trimming. Does this mean I can start downloading roms onto the same card or can I use a different/larger card? Thanks guys!
You can change the card for a bigger one, just make sure to also copy BBLoader's file on the new one