Question PS2 Portable Helppp

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
There are no other places where you can connect. The traces you need to scratch are here:
PS2 USB.jpg

Watch how Nold scratches the trace and holds the wires down on a Wii here:

Alright thx man. I eyeballed it, that's why the traces came out pretty whack I'mma redo it like so. Thx again for the help, I'm new to this, but I've been wanting to make one since forever.

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
Whenever you are scratching traces always start as far away from the GPU as possible, so if you do mess it up like you have you can just move down a little further until you get it right.

If you only require a single USB port you can also jump over to those lower traces and try from there.

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
I'm completely stumped now. The black and red P+ and P- (in the picture below)go to where the yellow ps2 power port was, right?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gUQK-8d8MnLh3QtVx8OuWJe-zWsIVQZd
No, you need a power management unit. Battery voltages don't stay solid, they rise and fall depending on their charge. Those batteries fully charged will put out around 8.4v and as they drain they they'll drop to around 6.8v or lower.

I haven't trimmed a PS2 before but I'd dare say that after trimming you'll need multiple regulators with multiple voltages.

There's a 2s BMS (power management system) attached to them. I have them in 2s2p, and the ps2's motherboard is the standard trim, so i don't need custom regulators, i just don't know where on the board to solder the battery pack too

Portables
If you want to make a PS2 portable and be able to charge it, it's best not to put the ON/OFF switch there, since it will disconnect the battery from the whole device entirely.
And the battery pack needs to be connected here:

You need to read the guide to understand more about it.

Hello guys, I need help with the controls, I would like to use the controls in the case and not just put everything in one case, is there any board that can help with this or some way to cut without stopping working? and taking advantage of the batteries, if I put the batteries as it would be then to turn the console on and off?

Kells

Hey @leonardo, you need to make a new thread to ask a question. You can ask your questions there instead of using this older thread. You may want to read the rules briefly just to understand how the forum works.

I'm curious as to what the PS mobo is, I've never heard of it before.I know of the slim and the fat one (which noone uses for some reaason idk y) but not the mobo. What is the Mobo exactly??

I'm curious as to what the PS mobo is, I've never heard of it before.I know of the slim and the fat one (which noone uses for some reaason idk y) but not the mobo. What is the Mobo exactly??
You need the 79001 motherboard, since it is the smallest. It comes from a silver ps2 slim. Those have the smallest mobo, which are used for portablizing. You could use another motherboard, if you want a huge size portable. I'm not sure about the fat mobo either. Just use the motherboard from the 79001 model.

A_s6

Portables
i don’t give a hee ho
dude, you’ve posted on 3 threads asking the same question. please, read the rules and learn to make your own thread