Solved Problem Using PTR08060 Voltage Regulator to Power Raspberry Pi 4

Portables
I am planning to use the PTR08060 voltage regulator and a 7.4 volt battery pack to power my raspberry pi 4 portable. I chose this approach because the pi 4 requires 3 amps at 5 volts and the regulator can output 6 amps. So, to test the regulator I wired it as written in the data sheet and used a 270 ohm feedback resistor. I tested the output voltage and it was 5.09 volts, but when I hooked it up to the pi the voltage dropped and varied between 4.5 - 4.65 volts. So, it kept turning off and on because the pi needs 4.6 volts to boot. I then tried to bump the voltage to the max 5.5 volts the regulator supported, but when I hooked it up to the pi it dropped to 4.8 volts. Which was enough for it to boot, but with an under voltage warning.
Is this behavior expected from the voltage regulator, a 0.6 voltage drop, or am I doing something wrong or is this a bad design choice? I would like to include the details of my set up. I connected the regulator using jumper cables and breadboard to test before soldering, also the regulator was powered from a 12 volt wii power brick. All recommendations and advice are welcomed.

Portables
What gauge wire are you using? 24AWG?
Thanks Stitches. I was able to fix the problem by replacing, I think, the 28AWG jumper cables and soldering 22AWG wire in its place. Such a dummy for using 28AWG for a 6 amp regulator.