Pre build checklist - mobo question

Hi there,

I followed the quick ID image on how to identify 4 vs 6 layer boards and ordered a black wii. I got pm up and running and it loads gamecube games - haven't tried wii images yet, though I should.

The wii I bought doesn't have gc controller ports on the top, I didn't think about the gc ports before ordering - will it still work for portable or do the gc ports also come with chips on the board required for the G-Boy to use the controller board?

I've tried to find this documented anywhere and can't... So I figure I can't be the first to question this?? The games load on this wii via pm, I just can't test them before trimming...

CrashBash

No emulation, real hardware
Staff member
For trimming and use in a portable, a 4 layer is a 4 layer. You are fine with a Wii without GC ports.
When you wire up your GameCube controller (or rather, hopefully a GC+) you will be wiring it up elsewhere on the board from where the ports would be. See either the "GameCube controllers" section of the trimming guide (here), or the controller wiring section in the G-Boy Manual (here).
In short, you're good! That Wii will work.

Last edited: