Portablizemii only loading Gamecube games, the two possible points of failure

Portables
I don't mean to be posting too many question threads but I'm new to portablizing and learning as I go, if I'm posting to many question threads please let me know. In any case on to my problem. I've installed Portablizemii on the Wii motherboard today and so far I've gotten Gamecube games to show up and run complete with artwork. The problem is that's all I've been able to get working. Wads I install with ShowMiiWads aren't showing up, Wii games boot to a frozen black screen, and going to the emulators page gives me the message "the file emu.dat seems to be old You need to refresh the cache" (I've tried refreshing, it does nothing) I first did research into the black screen with Wii games and found out it's a problem with my USB drive, seems simple enough, but I'm not quite sure which part of the drive is failing. Let me explain. For my USB drive, I'm using an onn brand 256gb micro sd card and a Digipower micro sd to USB adapter. I've read that sd card/USB drive compatibility with portablizemii can be spotty, but I don't know if the sd card is the issue, if the USB adapter is the issue, or if they're both to blame. If anyone knows which one is to blame please let me know so I can replace it asap, I want to make sure everything is working correctly before I trim the board

Gabobo

Did you install BootMii as an IOS? That happened to me. I forgot and had to hunt down a BootMii IOS and install it with MultiModManager.

Portables
Did you install BootMii as an IOS? That happened to me. I forgot and had to hunt down a BootMii IOS and install it with MultiModManager.
I can't remember if I did tbh. Do you have the BootMii file? The download section of their website 404s and doing the letterbomb exploit again seems kinda cumbersome

Portables
Ok, I managed to install bootmii as an IOS (installed it a few times just to be safe) which caused the wii games to show a screen saying "Neek2o is booting", which would then crash. I took the micro sd card adapter out of the wii to check some files and the card corrupted (that adapter was really bad anyways, I got a better one from work to test with for now), I had to format it, re-download the portablizemii files and copy them to my usb stick again. (as a side note my wii seems to have changed mac addresses, not sure how that happened) Now, I'm back to only being able to load gamecube games, the themes only load if i have an sd card in my wii, and wii games are back to going straight to a black screen, reinstalling bootmii seems to do nothing for wii games now. I've tried googling my problems but I'm not really getting anywhere. Will formatting my wii motherboard allow me to do a fresh install of portablizemii? perhapse a fresh install will solve some of my problems

Gabobo

If you still haven't taken apart the wii, go for it. Neek2o does take a while to boot and the green fuzz is normal (for me at least). Before you do that though, try to refresh the cache and try again (press start).

Portables
I actually got a Wii game to boot, Super Smash Bros Brawl. It took about 7 minutes for the save file to be created, 3 minutes for the intro to load, the FMV stuttered like crazy, and loading anything took either a few seconds to over a minute. It seems that the Wii is accessing the data from the sd card, it's just going balls slow even with the micro sd card adapter being in the correct USB port. I'm gonna try a few different USB flash drives and hard drives to see if they load any faster. As for the hardware side, the Wii has been apart throughout all of this, it was an RVL-CPU-40 motherboard I bought off eBay I just put it in the case of a dead Wii I had, using the dead Wii's Bluetooth and wifi connectors to get the board to boot. In any case, thanks for all of your help guys. There's not a snowball's chance in Hell I would have made it this far on my own. I hope it will be smooth sailing from here on out

Gabobo

Is it a good SD card? If that's the limiting factor then maybe replace it with a delicious Sandisk brand fast SD card.

Portables
It's a cheap Walmart micro SD card, there's a good chance it's the bottleneck. I don't have a Sandisk on hand but I do have a PNY brand card I can try

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Have you copied SYSCONF to the emunand? I don't remember exactly where the button is but IIRC you should be able to do so by hitting start/home on the menu with the wii games.