Portable dvd player 9"screen

Kris

I am working on small things before I go to bigger and better lol..first I wanted to see if disconnecting the DVD drive from it if the display would still work
1498003825206-129491537.jpg
and it does! After I have read thread after thread I seen that portable DVD players will work if the have their own drive board..so it makes sense it would run..

So my question is how do I build a charger for the battery it takes since the only charger I have is for a car
IMAG0313.jpg

..do I have to find out what voltage it's taking in and then build one with a resistor to that voltage?.this part is the most confusing thing for me to understand so far throughout all I have read. I am willing to keep reading until the answer is there but if someone could point me in the right direction for reading I would appreciate it...thanks for your time! Happy modding!

Edit: never mind it makes sense that I would build the power supply for the portable and run the screen off of it..but it's a 9 volt screen..craziness lol..the real question is can I find where the input is on the monitors driver lol

Last edited:
Do you want to use the 9 inch screen for your portable? I am not saying that is bad, but that would make a huge portable console. As long as you know what you want, thats great.

That battery pack that you have. Normally, plasticwrap around the batteries is the sign of a cheaply made battery. Not always, but some of the time. If you look at the BOM in the general discussion, there is a link to some high quality batteries that people use a lot here.

Kris

Do you want to use the 9 inch screen for your portable? I am not saying that is bad, but that would make a huge portable console. As long as you know what you want, thats great.

That battery pack that you have. Normally, plasticwrap around the batteries is the sign of a cheaply made battery. Not always, but some of the time. If you look at the BOM in the general discussion, there is a link to some high quality batteries that people use a lot here.
Thank you...so the thing is I have a soft modded Wii and a Wii u and I have a Wii mini....I know the Wii mini is not really good for alot but as my first project I'm going to add a screen and RE case it and probably use it as a real learning experience..the wiimote syncs so I can learn how to do the control board for the controller. I'm just messing with alot of stuff I have already and then when I am comfortable I am going to portabalize my Wii!!!!

I'm attempting to find the input for the av on the screens board so I can do away with the big motherboard for the DVD player. I guess just trial and error with continuity but any suggestions for that would be great...
Thanks