Odd controller behavior

Ive been seeing some issues with controls but really noticed it in SSBB. apparently the console is registering double taps for every button input, and I cant quite tell what the stick is doing, seems like maybe the input im pressing is registering as rapid taps.
the way it manifests in smash for instance, if i quick tap the stick to the right, the character dashes about a foot then skids to a halt, then dashes and repeats. all while im holding one direction.
Im wondering if anyone has encountered this before, and where the issue might be.

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Do you have GC2Wiimote enabled? If you do, then you need to disable it fro Brawl if you're playing with a GameCube controller. The game acts really weird when it's trying to read the Gcc inputs and the emulated Wii remote inputs at the same time

Do you have GC2Wiimote enabled? If you do, then you need to disable it fro Brawl if you're playing with a GameCube controller. The game acts really weird when it's trying to read the Gcc inputs and the emulated Wii remote inputs at the same time
That was my first suspicion, since I figured that’s exactly how It would behave If it were the issue, but I did double check, and I’m booting with these settings every time with the same result.
This is the first Wii title I’ve tried, and it’s definitely the most obvious. In most GameCube games it seems like my only issue is sometimes getting the stick to the full forward position, but that could be something else
D992BEC8-E1D0-47AF-9F40-F9A1A58C9026.jpeg

ive confirmed this behavior is not happening in titles like melee, or new super mario bros wii with gc2wiimote enabled. it seems like a software issue.