Need help with screen and video amp

I am working on making a parts list for my first Wii portable, which I am thinking about calling the Shrink Mii. At the moment, I am looking for a screen and screen-related hardware, I kind of need a bit of help. I would like a 5-6 inch screen, and from what I’ve read I think I’m looking for a composite screen, though that could be wrong. I’m also looking for a video amp so that I could potentially plug the portable into a tv (I’m thinking of putting a mini-hdmi port on it), but all I can find is these big boxes you plug stuff into, although I know that I should be looking for a board or IC of some kind, or at least I think so. If anybody could help with these problems that’d be great.

Edit: Due to this being my first portable, I’m going to leave out the video amp and mini-HDMI port for simplicity’s sake. However, any info would still be appreciated, as I wouldn’t mind putting it into my next portable.

Last edited:
I found a screen that I believe is what I’m looking for. I already posted this, and then deleted it, because I later realized that this wasn’t what I was looking for. However, after doing more research, I’m pretty sure that this actually is what I’m looking for. :\

https://www.amazon.com/ePathChina-D...+inch+composite+screen&qid=1581462285&sr=8-11

I’m just looking for confirmation that this screen will work.

Noah

retired
Portables
That screen will work as it can take a composite signal, however if you're planning to use it in a Louii/G-Wii there's a chance it won't fit. Also if you think you can do it, I would highly recommend getting a VGA display to pair with Aurelio's VGA patches. It is miles better than composite, a day/night difference.

That screen will work as it can take a composite signal, however if you're planning to use it in a Louii/G-Wii there's a chance it won't fit. Also if you think you can do it, I would highly recommend getting a VGA display to pair with Aurelio's VGA patches. It is miles better than composite, a day/night difference.
I have access to a 3D printer, as well as 3D modeling software, so I was thinking about modifying the G-Wii case for myself. Is that allowed?

Also, I don’t know anything about Aurelio’s VGA patches. Where can I find more info?

Noah

retired
Portables
I also found this one that may be less cluttered if I remove the case and wire the vga to that one circle-sequel connector whose name escapes me.

Noah

retired
Portables
This model is the one the G-Wii was designed around. It's a great screen, I often use it in my projects. There's a chance we will be stocking them in the store soon, so you could also wait for that.

What is the “signal input” for? Also, I see that it uses 12v, and that it has two positive and two negative wires connected to the barrel jack. Do I need to provide 12v to both of those pins?

Noah

retired
Portables
It can be modded to run off of 5V. If you're using a Wii PMS, that's what you'd want to end up doing. If you end up powering it with 12V then nope, as long as the pins are connected on the board you'd only need to run one 12V and one GND. Signal input is their way of saying "composite in"