Model Jeff's Assortment of Various Models

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
OVERHAULED 4/17/18

These are models and assets I have made for various projects. Not everyone should have to create the same model over and over again, so I'm sharing all of mine. I use Fusion 360 so I have attached the F360 file, STL, and an image of the part for each item on here. Please feel free to use them in your projects!

Name: 3DS Slider Guide
Description: Holds a 3DS slider. Use with the 3DS slider crossbar for maximum support.
Download
3DSSliderGuide.png

Name: 3DS Slider Crossbar
Description: A support for the 3DS slider guide.
Download
3DSSliderCrossbar.png

Name: GameCube ABXY Button Guides
Description: Guides for the GameCube controller ABXY buttons. The height is such that a piece of perfboard with the squishy orange tact switches will fit perfect while sitting on top of the guides. I recommend adding screwposts.
Download
GCABXY.png

Name: GameCube D-Pad Guide
Description: Guide for the GameCube controller D-Pad. The height is such that a piece of perfboard with the squishy orange tact switches will fit perfect while sitting on top of the guide. I recommend adding screwposts.
Download
GCDpad.png

Name: GameCube Logo
Description: Just a GameCube logo I drew up and never used. Could be cool for a fan vent if modified.
Download
GamecubeLogo.png

Name: OMGWTF Trimmed Wii
Description: A Wii motherboard trimmed with the OMGWTF trim.
Download
OMGWTF.png

Name: OMGWTF Trimmed Wii with 10mm Heatsink Setup
Description: An OMGWTF Trimmed Wii using a 35x35x10mm fan and heatsink. The model includes thermal pads, a 35x70mm copper plate, and the fan/heatsink.
Download
OMGWTF10mmcooling.png

Name: Wii Micro Trimmed Wii with 7mm Heatsink Setup
Description: The trim I used for my Wii micro. This trim is similar to the OMGWTF but retains the USB connector, AV connector, and all 5 screwposts. Includes thermal pads, a 35x70mm copper plate, and a 35x35x7mm fan and heatsink.
Download
WiiMicro7mmcooling.png

Name: Jeff's LMAO Trimmed Wii
Description: My custom LMAO trim which retains the USB vias and 3 screwposts. Also includes the aforementioned 7mm heatsink setup.
Download
JeffsLMAO7mmcooling.png

Name: Wii USB Ports
Description: The USB ports used on the Wii.
Download
USB.png

Name: Wii AV Port
Description: The AV port used on the Wii.
Download
AVconnector.png

Name: Wii GameCube Ports
Description: The GameCube ports used on the Wii, trimmed as far as possible. Take advantage of the opportunity for screwposts.
Download
WiiGamecubePorts.png

Name: GameCube Ports
Description: The GameCube ports used on the GameCube, trimmed to retain traces but reduce wasted space. Note the PCB is on the back of the ports instead of underneath like on the Wii. Better for some form factors.
Download
GamecubePorts.png

Name: Wii Power Connector
Description: The power connector used on the Wii.
Download
WiiPowerConnector.png

Name: 4" Dalian Good Display
Description: The 4" Dalian Good Display. Includes driver board.
Download
Dalian4.png

Name: 5" Dalian Good Display
Description: The 5" Dalian Good Display. Includes driver board.
Download
Dalian5.png

Name: Tianma 3.5" Display
Description: The 3.5" Tianma Display (also known as the cheap eBay screen). Includes driver board.
Download
Tianma3.5.png

Name: NCR 18650B
Description: A Panasonic NCR 18650B Lithium-Ion battery.
Download
NCR18650B.png

Name: GC+
Description: The GC+ 1.0 made by Aurelio.
Download
GC+.png

Name: PowerMii
Description: The PowerMii full verison 1.0 made by Aurelio.
Download
PowerMii.png

Name: Squishy Orange Tact Switch
Description: The orange squishy tact switch found in the BOM.
Download
TactSquishy.png

Name: 12mm Tact Switch
Description: A standard 12mm tact switch. I used it as a Z button.
Download
Tact12mm.png

Name: SPST/SPDT Switch
Description: A standard SPST/SPDT switch.
Download
SPST-SPDTswitch.png

Name: DPST/DPDT Switch
Description: A standard DPST/DPDT switch.
Download
DPDTswitch.png

Name: 1W 8Ω Speaker
Description: A

1W 8Ω Speaker found in the BOM.
Download
1w8oSpeaker.png

Name: MicroUSB Breakout Board
Description: A generic microUSB breakout board found on eBay. There is an opportunity for screwposts.
Download
MicroUSB.png

Name: Frys Barrel Jack
Description: A barrel jack I bought from Frys.
Download
FrysBarrelJack.png

Name: Digikey Shoulder Button
Description: A shoulder button I bought from Digikey. If taken apart it can be made into a great dual tact shoulder button.
Download
DigikeyShoulderButton.png

Attachments

Last edited:

walle

I've been working on some 3D design so I'd like to share some of the models I've completed. I'll update this as I go along finishing models.

Trimmed Wii Motherboard
View attachment 4118

Wii USB Ports
View attachment 4133

Wii AV Connector
View attachment 4122

Wii DC Power Jack
View attachment 4125

Gamecube Controller Ports (trimmed PCB, note these ports are from a GameCube. The ports themselves and their spacings are the same as the Wii, just the PCB differs as it is mounted underneath on the Wii)
View attachment 4130

NCR18650B
View attachment 4121

.. More to come
hey bro can you upload a 3d model of squared 79000 ps2 board

Portables
Is the heatsink setup you included in the OMGWTF trim model an actual product? If so, where can I get one?
I'm a little confused with the whole cooling thing. I know it's a simple concept, just not sure how to do it :P

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
Is the heatsink setup you included in the OMGWTF trim model an actual product? If so, where can I get one?
I'm a little confused with the whole cooling thing. I know it's a simple concept, just not sure how to do it :P
Just search eBay for 35x35x(10 or 7) mm fan. I use that in combination with a 35x35x(7 or 10) mm heatsink that I got from Mouser. I put a 70x35mm copper sheet between the fan/heatsink and thermal pads on the Wii's chips. I ordered the copper sheet from OnlineMetals. You can see how I have it set up in the model.

Portables
Just search eBay for 35x35x(10 or 7) mm fan. I use that in combination with a 35x35x(7 or 10) mm heatsink that I got from Mouser. I put a 70x35mm copper sheet between the fan/heatsink and thermal pads on the Wii's chips. I ordered the copper sheet from OnlineMetals. You can see how I have it set up in the model.
This is super helpful. Thanks so much man!

Cheers for these models Jeff, very helpful in getting an idea on the size of the case, as well as where to position everything.

Portables
How do you attach the fan/heatsink to the copper plate? Thermal pads as well? I tried using aluminum brazing wire to "weld" the aluminum heatsinks to the copper plate. It works but the heatsinks get pretty wrecked from the heat needed to melt the brazing wire.

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
How do you attach the fan/heatsink to the copper plate? Thermal pads as well? I tried using aluminum brazing wire to "weld" the aluminum heatsinks to the copper plate. It works but the heatsinks get pretty wrecked from the heat needed to melt the brazing wire.
Thermal paste

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
You could try using thermal epoxy. It's basically thermal paste, but it forms a permanent bond between the two surfaces.

Portables
You could try using thermal epoxy. It's basically thermal paste, but it forms a permanent bond between the two surfaces.
Thanks, I'll look into this. I have thermal adhesive for smaller Raspberry Pi heatsinks, but I don't think it will hold well enough for the bigger heatsinks this project warrants.

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
Thanks, I'll look into this. I have thermal adhesive for smaller Raspberry Pi heatsinks, but I don't think it will hold well enough for the bigger heatsinks this project warrants.
If you use this method you generally screw in the motherboard to the case which pushes down on the heatsink assembly. If you have 3d printed walls for the heatsink/fan then none of that is moving so I don't think you should worry too much.

BocuD

Portables
Just made some trimmed wii models with most large components modeled as well. (large caps, ics like ave, stuff like that)
This has the models of OMGWTF, LMAO and LMAOv2 as components.
upload_2019-5-21_18-58-16.png

One of the models
edit: added the actual f3d now lol, forgot that the first time..

Attachments

Last edited: